Brewer Fanatic

2011-06-06 Brewers (Greinke) at Marlins (Vazquez) - [Brewers win, 7-2]

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm looking forward to the Jose Reyes audition coming up the next three days
No way he ends up in Milwaukee, but it's nice to dream.
Did we dare dream of Greinke this summer? But here we are. Now imagine our line-up with Reyes and no YuBet
Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

and to think it easily could have been a 6-1 road trip as well

We easily could have lost Friday and Sunday too. Not that i wouldn't have taken the extra win http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Community Moderator

Nice win! There were well over 100 Brewers fans there tonight--out of a crowd of maybe 3,500-4,000. Really sad. The crowd was really hating on Nyjer Morgan, that was the loudest they got all night. It will be nicer to watch the Marlins in the new place next year--this franchise would be doomed without it.

Also, they broke the blue uni jinx.

wow what a great end to the road trip for the brew crew.The looked awesome tonight by keep adding on runs tonight and Grienke looked really solid.

I hope this is a start to the Brewers to be a solid road team to go with a great home team. Now the brewers need to take it at home aganist the Mets and Cards.

When they panned out and showed the entire ballpark I was floored with how vacant the stadium is. I was embarrassed for the Marlins players who see many of their opponent's parks in smaller markets packed (like Milwaukee) and makes me upset that this team won 2 World Series in the not-to-distant past. They don't deserve a successful baseball team in Miami.

How can a home player feel motivated to play in an empty stadium? They shouldn't even have a team there.

Thank God we never have to play in that stadium again. That place is just depressing.
I actually think the empty stands are kind of fun three or four times a season. It's almost like they're scrimmaging or something...There's a major league game going on but at times not a soul to be seen in the stands.

That said, as a new found Southerner, I would not want to sit through a baseball game in this heat. I'd much rather watch a game at the Trop than deal with Sun Life/Epic Champions Field/Dolphins Stadium/Pepsi Presents Dolphins Stadium of Sun Life Champions.

Community Moderator

The weather wasn't an excuse this weekend. It was wonderful out tonight. I heard one of the ushers blame the Miami Heat for the especially low crowds, but there wasn't a game tonight so that doesn't work.

I will say that it was nice to be at a quiet, relaxing baseball game. The Marlins play less loud music and have less gimmicks compared with other team. It's a little easier on the senses than Miller Park.

It all just doesn't quite add up, there are youths and adults playing baseball all over the place down here, the TV ratings are above the MLB average, but they just can't get people to go to the ballpark. Maybe the Ludacris concert after the game on Saturday will get a few people in...

I'm looking forward to the Jose Reyes audition coming up the next three days
No way he ends up in Milwaukee, but it's nice to dream.
Did we dare dream of Greinke this summer? But here we are. Now imagine our line-up with Reyes and no YuBet

I don't know about getting him this summer, but personally Ive been holding out hope that we could sign him this winter at least. Might be able to do it if we don't end up keeping Prince.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Verified Member
So, with the draft today, having already won the first 3 games of the series and 4/6 so far on the road trip this game may be the most ho-hum victory of the season. 7-2 is also about the least interesting score in baseball as well. Neither a dominating pitching performance nor a big 6 run rally inning, nor a close game with any tense moments. Hopefully there are many more of these to come http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif.

Community Moderator

Awesome series! I'm really nervous about the cards series, I hope we can take it to them! If we want to win this division we have to be able to beat the good teams.

As for Reyes, It's been my pipe dream since the start of the year that we trade for him at the deadline. I really don't think we will but man that would be a perferct fit if there ever was one. I know nothing about the guy, where he'd want to be, etc.....but it's nice to dream.

As for Reyes, It's been my pipe dream since the start of the year that we trade for him at the deadline. I really don't think we will but man that would be a perferct fit if there ever was one. I know nothing about the guy, where he'd want to be, etc.....but it's nice to dream.

It's not going to happen ... but Reyes would be an idiot to block a trade to Milwuakee for the remainder of the season. He should be dreaming of hitting in front of Braun and Fielder while making a run for the pennant.

I know it's ridiculous to even think about ... but can you imagine what our lineup would look like with a Reyes trade and bringing up Green/Gamel to play 3rd if Casey can't figure things out?

Weeks
Reyes
Braun
Fielder
Hart
Gamel
Lucroy
Morgan
pitch

That is a sin.

Archived