Brewer Fanatic

Draft Pick Discussion, Rounds 1-5

Please use this thread to share your thoughts, links, stories, pictures and anything else on the Brewers' picks on draft day from rounds 1 through 5. Please do not start separate threads to discuss the individual picks. 

Please use the in-draft thread to talk about the picks similar to a game thread.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm immensely disappointed.

Agree. I really wanted Lindor/Baez and if both were gone, then I wanted Gray. There's still a shot at 15, though I wouldn't mind a bat there.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Great! High floor- okay ceiling pitcher! Thanks Bruce, we didn't have enough of those laying around! Just pick Meyer at 15 and make me the worlds mist disappoint Brewer dan in the world. Tough to dig out of this hole already.

As I've said many times I feared the Brewers would start drafting high floor/low ceiling players to replenish the system quickly, and here we go.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Great! High floor- okay ceiling pitcher! Thanks Bruce, we didn't have enough of those laying around! Just pick Meyer at 15 and make me the worlds mist disappoint Brewer dan in the world. Tough to dig out of this hole already.

A bit dramatic, no?

And Jungmann has more than an "OK," ceiling.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

From what I've read, I agree with those who say high floor/low ceiling. I really wanted something more out of the 12 spot.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

You guys are really having sour grapes...hahaha, 13-1...ok, its not who you wanted but give Seid a chance....[removed] armchair gm's. you have your profession for a reason..you wanted a future reliever in Gray at 12, you may get him at 15

"[Removed]armchair gm's"

pretty sure that's the point of this website...

Count me in the slightly disappointed crowd. I didn't have two favorites lined up but I wanted them to go high ceiling and was willing to risk the potential low reward risk that comes with those guys sometimes.

So why does this guy allegedly have a "low" ceiling?

Scouting reports said he hits 98, but he sat in the high 80s the other day, that's very average velocity for a RHP. If he's regularly at 93-95 then his upside is a #2 which isn't so bad.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

So why does this guy allegedly have a "low" ceiling?
Because he's an established college pitcher who was the ace of an always strong Texas Longhorn program...I don't know, probably because he isn't still in high school and can throw 100, like many of the other arms picked in front of him that will inevitably get injured and amount to set up men for their organization's AA affiliates.

I think the poor showing Arnett has shown so far has led too many on the board to overreact on the selection of a 6' 6" righthander who consistently pitches in the mid-90's with good control. I like the pick.

Archived