Brewer Fanatic

Brewers Boot Camp...

cooprules

Has anyone here done this? I'm not going to ask if it was worth the money because that's a lot of cash for a one-day event. I happen to make some money bowling this year and might give myself a father's day gift. Just wondering if it was an overall fun experience. Also...I'm in my forties and haven't played competitively in 10 years. Wondering what the talent level of the players and pitchers are...

Thanks for any help.

Tons of fun. If you've got the money to do it, give it a try. Seriously. It is a blast. Getting to hang around the park, use the dugout and clubhouse, talk to the former players... it was worth it. I didn't collect a hit or do anything special and I had the best time. It's like make believe day for grown ups.

As far as skill level goes, don't worry about it. Yes, everyone wants to win but all skill levels are represented. Go for the experience. All of my best memories are non field related.

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

Ive done it twice now. First year, Gorman was my manager. Just an awesome experience. Got to hang out with him and Gumby during lunch. That right there was worth the $500. Second year was fun too Bill Wagner was my coach and was a real cool cat., but for me I sort of had a been there done that feel . I decided to not participate this year, but I have some great memories from my two experiences

As far as talent level, you got your studs, but there is also a mix of regular dudes that evens things out. Go for it, even if your out of shape and middle age, you'll fit in!

Also here's a tip, take a low uni number.

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm sure it would be a blast. Just to be in uniform on the Miller Park field would be incredible.

Couple more stupid questions:

Can I take a camera? I could see myself taking a thousand pictures. The family would go watch the games as well.

Do they ask what position you want to play? I was a catcher back in the day but I caught in a Home Talent alumni game last year and not sure I could go more than an inning or two behind the plate. I could play infield anywhere too I guess.

I'm guessing the lower uniform number has something to do with how they pick teams or do drills? Don't need to tell me.

Thanks again for the help. This is so much cash it would be a one time thing for me, and my daughter's old enough now (7) she would get a huge kick out of seeing me out there.

Yes take a camera (just keep track of it) you can take as many photos as you want, plus they have a photographer there you can buy photos from. Your family can also take pictures, but they cannot go on the field, best they can do is go to a front row.

As far as positions you can play whichever one you;d like and swap in an out with your team. Go a head and catch for an inning, someone else will want to try it out too. they even try to encourage you to pitch.

• 3 weeks later...
I got the call today too. They offered a refund, a chance to hang out in the bullpen before a game or tickets and a ride down Bernie's slide. I took the refund but I am seriously bummed. This was great fun last year. I hope it returns next year.
20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

Archived