Brewer Fanatic

Brooks Hall

paul253
Can someone tell me what this guy's ceiling looks like? I remember people being pretty exciting about getting him signed after he was drafted in 2009. Well it seems like Milwaukee really put the kiddie gloves on him as he has only recently been promoted to low A ball. He'll be 21 soon so he's not young, but he does seem to be pitching pretty well so far. The thing that excites me the most just looking at his stats is his low walk total so far. Has anyone seen him pitch live? How does he look? How hard does he throw?

I think it is a little early to project honestly. He has only had two smaller sample sizes so far: first in Arizona last year now the little bit this season. He had been sitting around 89 for first few outings now today it was reported he was up to 90-92 a good amount. It was said in high school he was hitting 96 and could work around 91-94. I haven't been able to see him yet and heard enough about his overall stuff yet to really say his ceiling but as of now I think (straight guess) a #3-#5 depending on where his velocity will end up (if it gets back to touch 95-96 maybe higher) and how could his off-speed stuff is.

The nice thing is that he is kind of like a 2011 college draft pick with his age (J. Bradley and Barnes are both that 20 almost 21) and the fact he hasn't had the opportunity to pitch much yet. So really he could continue to grow a bunch when you think in that aspect. I'm hoping for the best! I'd love him to start to become a real prospect.

it's quite possible the Brewers having him working on a 2-seamer to be a better pitcher. Once he harnesses his command, he could be given a green-light to throw a 4-seamer (assuming my initial assumption is correct). Sheets threw 91-92 his first years in MLB working on a sinker before having his breakout years reaching back and throwing his 4-seamer 94-98 mph

Archived