Brewer Fanatic

Brewers Blue Jerseys

kestrel79
Is it just me or are the Brewers wearing their Blue jerseys every game these last 3 weeks or so? I can't remember the last time they wore white at home or gray on the road. Ever since the awful road trip. Fine by me, I love the road jersey alternate and wish to see the "Milwaukee" script on the gray jersey eventually.

The TV guys talked about the blue jerseys tonight. The starting pitcher chooses the jersey color for the day, and lately, blue has been considered to be good luck.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Community Moderator
They've been doing it since at least the 6-game winning streak. I believe it was also mentioned in past years that the blue is made with a more comfortable fabric. It would be nice of baseball players to quit it with the pointless superstitions, but whatever works I guess.

They've been doing it since at least the 6-game winning streak. I believe it was also mentioned in past years that the blue is made with a more comfortable fabric. It would be nice of baseball players to quit it with the pointless superstitions, but whatever works I guess.

It is. There is a more breathable fabric in the armpit area.

As far as I remember(a few years back) the jersey choice was always up to the starting pitcher except on special jersey days.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Like others have said, it's probably partially superstition, and partially the fact that they're more comfortable. The game notes put out every day actually keep track of their record with the different uniform combinations, for those interested. After Saturday night's win:

White Uniforms: 1-2

Gray Uniforms: 2-10

Blue Home/"Brewers": 19-4

Blue Road/"Milwaukee:" 9-9

Retro: 1-1

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Dumb question: If the players find the blue uniforms more comfortable, why don't they just make the white and gray ones out of the same material?
To see through possibly? I don't know.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Dumb question: If the players find the blue uniforms more comfortable, why don't they just make the white and gray ones out of the same material?

It seems that they do, as was indicated above, they are all available in "cool base": http://www.majesticathlet...sey-_-1268682958_PG.html

In the past I remember one of the players saying that the blue was the only one that "breathed a little bit", but I think at that time it was the only one in "cool base".

I think the players must just like the blue better and recently it is the superstition as others mentioned.

one of the great things about baseball is the superstitions. i know it's a bit hokey, but it's part of the fun of the game. don't chage up what's working, don't step on the foul lines, and don't talk about no hitters as they're happening. it's just three simple rules. (and there is probably a few more i can't think of)

Verified Member
one of the great things about baseball is the superstitions. i know it's a bit hokey, but it's part of the fun of the game. don't chage up what's working, don't step on the foul lines, and don't talk about no hitters as they're happening. it's just three simple rules. (and there is probably a few more i can't think of)
Only Albert Pujols can stand at the plate and watch his homers (and sometimes doubles or long fly-outs) without repercussions.

Only Albert Pujols can stand at the plate and watch his homers (and sometimes doubles or long fly-outs) without repercussions.

Braunie's homer the other night brought back memories of his strut in St. Louis, when he hit the big homer late in the game to cap off a sweep and a 7-0 roadtrip. Ahh, how it still feels so nice that it came against the Cardinals.

Archived