Brewer Fanatic

Old friend coming home this week

brewmann04

I just got tickets to Tuesday's game and I was extremely excited to see it's Marcum vs. Cappy (I haven't gotten to see Marcum live yet this year either).

I really really hope he gets the welcome he deserves. He was essentially a throw-in in that Sexson trade and turned in to an 18-game winner for us. He was always a class act and was great with the fans.

Im sure Cappy will get a pretty big ovation. I just wish the Yankees came here and Sabathia started so he would get a huge 5 minute ovation and realize he made a mistake going to the Yankees.
Yeah, I'm sure that throughout his World Series run he was thinking "Man, I could be pitching alongside Mike Burns and Braden Looper".http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

I hate it when fans boo former players for no good reason. Unless the guy was a slouch or mouthed off about the community, etc. (Sheffield), I just don't see a reason to boo. Brewers fans are better than many when it comes to booing former players but it's still annoying.

A huge welcome for Cappy would make me proud. Super classy guy that I wish we could have found a place for this year.

I think that we're on the right path to establishing the reputation that Milwaukee is a good place to play baseball. The more former and current players there are out there saying good things about the franchise and the fans the better off we'll be. Guys like Cappy and Todd Coffey getting warm receptions will help out our image a ton.

This has nothing to do with the fans, but the only thing I can think of that would paint the franchise in a negative light over the last couple years would be the handling of JJ Hardy and possibly the Prince Fielder explosion at home plate.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Im sure Cappy will get a pretty big ovation. I just wish the Yankees came here and Sabathia started so he would get a huge 5 minute ovation and realize he made a mistake going to the Yankees.

I'm sure the $170 million dollars and the world series ring make up for the lack of cheers he gets.

Verified Member
It will be interesting to watch if Cappy or Narveson ends up with better numbers at years end. I was one who advocated signing Cappy to compete with Narv, with the loser in the BP.

Cappy may end up with better raw numbers since he plays at Citi Field. I think Narveson was easily the better option though since he is younger and cheap and could conceivably still improve.

Archived