Brewer Fanatic

2011-06-04 Brewers (Gallardo) at Marlins (Volstad) - [Brewers win, 3-2]

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Verified Member
I'll actually be a little surprised if Braun/Fielder/Lucroy can not get a run on the board this inning. The Crew has been hitting Volstad pretty hard but there's been a ton of at 'em balls and this is the 3rd time they'll be seeing him.

I'll actually be a little surprised if Braun/Fielder/Lucroy can not get a run on the board this inning. The Crew has been hitting Volstad pretty hard but there's been a ton of at 'em balls and this is the 3rd time they'll be seeing him.

We just seem to keep finding their gloves unfortunately. Braun smoked that one too.

Verified Member

I wouldn't mind if Gallardo started the 7th until somebody gets on. He's right at 100 pitches. He's gotten a lot of rotten luck tonight with bad defense and umpiring, but his stuff has looked okay. A bit inconsistent, but I'd still trust him more than anybody in the bullpen I think.

Yeah Yuni!!! As stupid as it is, Roenicke will probably be more likely to relieve Yo now since he's in line for the win. Stupid stat.

I went out to walk my dog and was doing the math on what the situation would be if Yo's spot in the order came up and whether or not he should be pinch hit for in that situation. I just got back and while his spot didn't come up, I'm quite happy with the outcome.

I think it's a great sign though that our guys put Yo in the position to win a game he should've never trailed to begin with. This is the kind of stuff that can really help build a successful team, even though it's impossible to quantify.

I just hope Yo isn't working on a blister, as the guys in the booth were hypothesizing.

On the radio earlier, just before the homer, Ueck had a great line. He was talking about Nyjer having 2 hits in 12 attempts against Volstad. Then he added, 3 for 13 if you count the time he charged the mound.

Archived