Brewer Fanatic

Former Brewer Bill Hall released

kilgore37
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Verified Member

Wouldnt mind BH. Cheap filler for the IF.. Who knows maybe something will click again..

Prolly wont happen though, util IF guys get snatched up pretty quick.

My statistical/trivia knowledge is pretty sketchy after about 1990, I'm better with the old stuff.... Rich Aurilia?
Correct.

So only A-rod, Ernie Banks, Vern Stephans, Rico Petrocelli and Rich Aurilia have hit more HRs as a SS in a single season than Bill Hall.

Our bench is so bad that it would be hard to make a move that made it worse.

At this point I think DM could make a move to do just that. I believe he did in the last week when Boggs went down and we now have Wilson.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Hall is much better than Josh Wilson. He might be useful giving McGehee time off at 3B too. Look around the league at the utility guys, and he'd be right near the top. I think the guys that were here when Hall was around would welcome him back too.

Where is this "Bill Hall was a cancer" stuff coming from?

Is there some behind the scenes stuff that nobody knows about?

I think for some people, poor performance = bad person.

There were a few pictures that surfaced of Hall partying at some nightclubs. Nothing too scandalous, but since he was struggling on the field, that somehow translated into "Bill Hall partied himself out of Milwaukee."

When I think of "cancer," I think of a guy teammates can't stand and want gone. That's not even close to being Bill Hall.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

There were a few pictures that surfaced of Hall partying at some nightclubs. Nothing too scandalous, but since he was struggling on the field, that somehow translated into "Bill Hall partied himself out of Milwaukee."

When I think of "cancer," I think of a guy teammates can't stand and want gone. That's not even close to being Bill Hall.

Billy not necessarily a "bad" person. However, he is a late night partier that thinks he is better than he really is. Is very lazy. Doesn't make adjustments except LASIK and his batting stance every other day. This is straight from current Brewer coach.

Trust me. "Cancer" maybe not have been best choice of words. Maybe "Self-Centered Primadonna" better.

I remember there was a "Player X" article in ESPN Magazine that specifically mentioned Hall as a guy that partied too hard once he got his big contract.

I actually liked Hall...but the more I think about it, I'd rather just leave him in the past. I don't think he brings much more to the table at this point than guys we already have.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Wilson actually has done plenty of good for us in the few chances he's had so far. I know his numbers in the past suggest he's not a great fit for our bench, but for the little he's played so far he's done quite well. Might as well keep him around for now and see if it can continue a little while longer.

Wilson actually has done plenty of good for us in the few chances he's had so far. I know his numbers in the past suggest he's not a great fit for our bench, but for the little he's played so far he's done quite well. Might as well keep him around for now and see if it can continue a little while longer.

This is how I feel. I don't believe Hall would be an upgrade over him at this point.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Billy not necessarily a "bad" person. However, he is a late night partier that thinks he is better than he really is. Is very lazy. Doesn't make adjustments except LASIK and his batting stance every other day. This is straight from current Brewer coach.

Trust me. "Cancer" maybe not have been best choice of words. Maybe "Self-Centered Primadonna" better.

I don't think Braun's checking in at 7:30 to drink milk and cookies.

Most 20-somethings with millions are going to do some late night partying.

And I'm not buying the lazy thing for a second. Not when it runs contrary to everything the coaches have ever said about him.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Trust me-I'm all about partying. Hall just does a little too much and it takes away from time he needs to improve on the field. He also blows off coaches recommendations regularly. A very stubborn dude who is lazy. You can choose to believe me or not. However, I would not be totally surprised if Brewers considered Hall because of his familiarity with the club. Although, Josh Wilson looked good today. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Also, do you think coaches would call him lazy to the media? Never.

"Also, do you think coaches would call him lazy to the media? Never. "

Probably not in this day and age, but I remember Dave Garcia (then coach) and Sal Bando (assistant GM) throwing Gorman Thomas under the bus when he was traded.

Archived