Brewer Fanatic

2011-06-03 Brewers (Wolf) at Marlins (Nolasco) - [Brewers win, 6-5]

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Verified Member

With Nieves,Benticout and Gomez on this team this is not a playoff team.
I agree with the first two, but Gomez can be a contributor on a playoff team. As long as he never ever hits 2nd.
Brentacout would actually be a nice bench bat as well, assuming that he can play multiple IF positions. He's just not a starting caliber player.

It will be interesting to see people come up with their excuses for why Lucroy isn't going to be catching Wolf tonight. The built-in day game after night game excuse won't fly and coming off a day off there's no excuse other than RR cowering with his tail between his legs to appease a number 4 starters demands. Cant wait to see the lineups posted. The teams best avg hitter better be playing.
Does anyone else even care?
Hey welcome to Brewerfan.net, Mr. Roenicke.
Yeh, Wolf is probably being silly about it. Lucroy isn't going to start 162 games though, so most don't see it as a big deal. In contrast, you are obsessing about it.

How many off speed pitches did Axford throw for strikes today? I noticed 1. He struck out the last batter despite throwing 5 balls. Not... good.

Way to swing at three balls, Hayes. We appreciate that. Nieves-esque. Braun is really good at baseball. Brewers win!

No kidding, all he had to do was stand there and not swing, a four pitch walk, especially with that ump's wallet sized strike zone.

If Hayes doesn't swing at that eye high 1-0 fastball, the count is 2-0 and he's taking almost for sure. Guaranteed walk and i have a hard time envisioned Ax getting out of there tied.

Archived