Brewer Fanatic

Stood in line at Disney land with Chris Dickerson

Blindcheck

I stood in line today waiting to ride Space Mountain...with my wife and my daughter and just in front of us was none other than Chris Dickerson of the New York Yankees.

I was wearing my Milwaukee Brewers hat and he asked me how the Brewers were doing this year...(at this point, I don't think he knew that I recognized him...as we were in line for 20 minutes already.)

My response back was that the Brewers were doing much better this year thanks to some good pitching and then I mentioned that I appreciated his time with the Brewers last year...I think that took him back, I don't think he gets recognized very often.

We had a nice conversation and he mentioned that he talked with Ryan (i assume Braun) and that Ryan told him that things were going much better this year.

He asked where I was from and when I told him that I was from the Quad Cities, he talked about how he played against them when he was in the minors when they were the Quad Cities Swing...and was suprised that they changed their name back to the River Bandits.

I asked him if he liked playing in New York and he said he loved it....I wished him good luck and told him that I would be pulling for him Saturday night when we go watch the yankees play the angels (but I said it is still hard for a Brewer fan to pull for the Yankees).

I was very impressed with him, very nice guy....and I told my daughter that he probably has the best job in the world....he gets paid very well to play baseball and very few people recognize him, so he can stand in line and not be bothered....(had he not talked to me first, I would not have bothered him....I said to myself, that I need not bother him as he was just here with his girlfriend(who was very hot) and he was just finding a way to relax on his day off.

I was very impressed with him, very nice guy

I hear that RockCoCougars guy has a picture of a dog crapping on Dickerson as his avatar -- what a jerk!

Really cool story, Blindcheck, thanks for sharing. Nice class, too, in not bugging the guy.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I knew about the joke behind the avatar, so I held my tongue (keyboard?) at first, but I find it in very poor taste.

It had its 15 min of fame, so I'm just hoping we can file it in the "remember when" category and move on.

Archived