Brewer Fanatic

Jeremy Reed traded to Twins

I love the term "future considerations." It always makes me think that the other team will "consider" giving something in return, but might not.
The Packers used to do a lot of past / future consideration trades, which were just basically 'here's a freebie now, you'll give us one later if we need it'.

JSOnline is reporting it as cash considerations, so the Twins may have given the Brewers a bag of balls.

I love the term "future considerations." It always makes me think that the other team will "consider" giving something in return, but might not.
The Packers used to do a lot of past / future consideration trades, which were just basically 'here's a freebie now, you'll give us one later if we need it'.

JSOnline is reporting it as cash considerations, so the Twins may have given the Brewers a bag of balls.

A bag of balls might be more pricey than Reed is worth. Hell, Melvin made have made this trade where we send the Twins a small amount of cash on the slim chance that when we play the Twins in interleague play, Reed ends up in the lineup for the Twins.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I hope this means Komatsu moves up the AAA now. Even if he isn't expected to stick in CF, I'd like him to have the opportunity to beat those expectations.

And in the game of Spring Training Backup CF Survivor, the winner is Brandon Boggs!

I hope this means Komatsu moves up the AAA now. Even if he isn't expected to stick in CF, I'd like him to have the opportunity to beat those expectations.

And in the game of Spring Training Backup CF Survivor, the winner is Brandon Boggs!

i doubt it, i think Nashville still has 5 or 6 guys in the outfield.

EDIT:

Nashville still has in the OF

Jordan Brown

Brett Carroll

Caleb Gindl

Brandon Boggs

Erick Almonte

Brendan Katin

I'd say one more needs to be moved before Komatsu moves up.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Brandon Boggs

I forgot he was at AAA (again). Otherwise, none of the rest of CFers. And a couple aren't even OFers anymore (Katin - not with his injury, Almonte - he wasn't until RR started playing him there).

Last I heard they were going with Schafer in CF and Komatsu in RF or LF in AA.

Same here, but that doesn't mean it has to stay that way... http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Jeremy Reed has had a solid minor league career (.311 BA / .840 OPS over 7 seasons) but hasn't quite made a big impact at the major league level so far. It was a good effort for the Brew Crew. Good luck with the Twins Jeremy Reed.

Almost all of that was at low levels. His AA numbers were .319/.377/.448. And then at AAA .292/.356/.462. Just not good enough and not enough power.

Can anyone define what "future considerations" means? Does it mean we will decide between money and a player later... or does it mean that they "owe us one"...

Usually its money but it could be trading the Brewers a player they were going to release

Archived