Brewer Fanatic

Injury bug hitting the Cards

markedman5

I'm not optimistic. I fully expect their replacements to give them 15-30 days of All-Star caliber play before the starters return, better than ever.

Yes, I believe that the Cardinals are magic.

i have the same teeth-grinding view. beyond frustrating. aaron miles?? no problem. theroit?? all-star play! career reliever? sub-4 era starter!~! yes, i am exaggerating....but just a little.

Now McClellan is on the DL also.

Right-hander Maikel Cleto, who began the season at Class-A Palm Beach, was recalled by the St. Louis Cardinals to take the roster spot of injured Matt Holliday.

The Cardinals are going with 13 pitchers, placing Holliday on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to Wednesday, with a left quadriceps strain. Pitcher Kyle McClellan has been placed on the DL, retroactive to Monday, with a left hip strain.

The 22-year-old Cleto throws consistently in the high 90s and is 2-2 with a 2.53 ERA at Palm Beach and Double-A Springfield.

The Cardinals also purchased the contract of 24-year-old right-hander Lance Lynn from Triple-A Memphis. Lynn was set to make his major league debut Thursday against the Giants.

The Cardinals also purchased the contract of 24-year-old right-hander Lance Lynn from Triple-A Memphis. Lynn was set to make his major league debut Thursday against the Giants.
Lance Lynn, John Jay, Allen Craig. What is it with STL and the two-first-names guys?

Also, CheezWizHed is totally correct. I don't know if it's just TLR or everyone in the Cardinals' organization, but Satan has to be involved.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived