Brewer Fanatic

2011-06-01 Brewers (Marcum) at Reds (Leake) - [Brewers lose, 4-3]

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator
Well the Brewers stole about 5 games on the last homestand so I guess they were bound to give one back. Better luck against the Marlins this weekend. Rainy season hasn't started yet so at least there won't be any rainouts.

This team is an embarrassment on the road. I am so P/O'd right now. I hate... I'm not even going to say anymore.

We're a good home team but unless we make some changes, we aren't going to sniff the playoffs.

Well, this is the game that not having a LOOGY came back to bite us. Not that RRR would have used him anyway because Loe has to pitch the 8th inning, but it's just the principle. Tough loss.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Why does Loe have some god given right that he HAS to pitch the 8th, and finish the 8th no matter what happens??!?!? Has he proven to be a stud set-up man for years or something, and I missed it?!?! Hasn't Bradock had enough sleep yet?!?! How can a MLB team not have a LOOGY, that was exactly why you need one!!! THis is so frustrating, so much more talent on this team to be only 4 games over .500!! Vent done. Run.

I understand what your saying. But bringing in a loogy against Votto is basically pointless. He kills lefty's as well.

Why does Loe have some god given right that he HAS to pitch the 8th, and finish the 8th no matter what happens??!?!? Has he proven to be a stud set-up man for years or something, and I missed it?!?! Hasn't Bradock had enough sleep yet?!?! How can a MLB team not have a LOOGY, that was exactly why you need one!!! THis is so frustrating, so much more talent on this team to be only 4 games over .500!! Vent done. Run.

I understand what your saying. But bringing in a loogy against Votto is basically pointless. He kills lefty's as well.

So far this year he has, but he also has no home runs vs lefties this year and over his career Votto has always hit righthanders better, especially for power.

I'll take that sample over 47 at bats this year vs lefties.

Would've been nice to not hang pitches against their two best hitters in the same game. Terrible loss. Would've been no point in putting in a lefty anyway. Votto kills lefties. Highest batting average in the league against them.

He is this year. That's 50+ odd PAs. For his career he's still good against a typical LHer but much better vs RHers (about 100 points for OPS). The bigger issues is that Loe shouldn't pitch to LHers.

Loe's previous 9 appearances before tonight: 9 IP, 2 H, 1 BB 0 ER.

Loe's numbers vs. Votto 3 for 6 2 HR's

He shouldn't have been pitching to him. Ax should have been warming in case the situation got out of control. He was coming in unless the Crew scored 4 in the 9th.

The fact that managers are stuck in the closers only in the 9th mentality is dumb. You put in your key guy when the situation warrants it.

Man, tough loss!! A wasted start by Marcum. The Reds are going to win a lot of games when their opponent only scores 3 runs. I hate that almost all MLB managers won't use their best reliever more than 1 inning. The result may not have been different though. Need to stay positive and get the next series.

Would've been nice to not hang pitches against their two best hitters in the same game. Terrible loss. Would've been no point in putting in a lefty anyway. Votto kills lefties. Highest batting average in the league against them.

He is this year. That's 50+ odd PAs. He's still good against a typical LHer but much better vs RHers (about 100 points for OPS). The bigger issues is that Loe shouldn't pitch to LHers.

Yep, 47 at bats vs lefties this year, but over his career he's hit righthanders much better and none of his homers this year came against a lefty.

As much as tonight is a stomach punch game.....sometimes you lose a 1 run game on the road against good teams no matter what.

Not every result is an indicator of how "something needs to change." This team is trending upward.

My heart hurts.

I agree. You wonder how many of these they can take. This was a chance to get rid of demons on the road, against the reds, etc. Instead we lead all game, then find a way to blow it when it matters most and suffer yet another heart breaking defeat. Hitting Phillips can't happen. Nor can leaving Loe in to face Votto. Career numbers and Loe this season would indicate that you take him out and bring in Axford (or anyone else for that matter), yet we just let him sit there. Then he just throws one belt high, right down the middle. Game over.

It just seems that on the road at least, we find ways to NOT win games, not the other way around. And that's a bad trend.

Archived