Brewer Fanatic

I think we need to stuff the ballot boxes for Weeks.(and maybe Lucroy)(but probably not)

logan82
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We gotta stop voting for Yuni though. Him being in fifth among NL shortstops is a travesty. Can we un-vote him? Fifth among AAA would even be a stretch.
That shows the power of Brewer fans though. If we can get a crappy player like Betancourt in the top 5 (and it pains me to use "we" there. I certainly never voted for Betancourt, and I doubt others here did), then we definitely can get Weeks to pass Phillips. Brewers fans always stuff the ballots. In 2009 Bill Hall and Jason Kendall were in the top 5.

Is Pujols now out of the All-star game, because of his injury? If so.. It's between Votto and Fielder and they are pretty close in the voting. Vote for Fielder.
Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

Rickie is now leading Phillips by roughly 78,000.

But I also just noticed, how the heck does Gomez have over 1 million votes and Hart doesn't? That's just embarrassing. (Edit: Maybe it's a typo? It's technically out of order.)

With only days to go, tight races abound in NL

Fielder-Votto, Weeks-Phillips, Tulo-Reyes, Holliday-Kemp all close

Yes! Wow us Brewer fans took over this past week! Now we just gotta make sure he holds on. Should have at least 2 starters, and hopefully Prince we get picked also. He passed Votto, and isn't even that far behind Pujols. Hopefully getting into 2nd gets him the nod to replace Pujols, or DH at least.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Hart does. He's in 12th while Gomez is in 14th.

Keep voting for Rickie so he doesn't lose his lead. Fielder is ahead of Votto, but still 400k behind Pujols, so that one doesn't really matter. Though if you're voting anyway to help Rickie, you might as well vote for Prince too. Both he and Votto will start anyway with one at DH.

Pujols will still technically be the "starter." The manager will pick his replacement starter. I don't believe it is based on who places 2nd.

Its actually chosen by the player vote. At least thats what was said a week or so ago during a broadcast.

if you guys want to know how much brewer fans are voting, carlos gomez is 14th in the NL with over 1M votes. I wrote in Nyjer for the 3rd OF, but i think thats a good measure on just how many brewer fans are voting.

Pujols will still technically be the "starter." The manager will pick his replacement starter. I don't believe it is based on who places 2nd.

Its actually chosen by the player vote. At least thats what was said a week or so ago during a broadcast.

The article linked by pretendastronaut states

"All-Star Game rules stipulate that if a player voted to start by the fans is too injured to play, then the player other than him that leads the Player Ballot gets the nod. But fans have a chance to take out that part of the equation if Fielder or Votto jump Pujols."

I read that as well, just letting you know what Rock said.

EDIT: I didnt read closely. It does say that whoever leads the 'player' ballot. So I guess Rock's right?

yep. I was just confirming what you heard!

Verified Member

STL also has a large voting fanbase, and since Pujols went down I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of them voted for Fielder in order to keep a Red out of the starting lineup. This brings up an interesting dilemma, however. If you were Prince, would you cede your defensive spot on the field to Votto in order to slightly increase the Brewers chances at having home field advantage in the World Series?? Since they will both get in the game anyway, should we as fans vote for Votto as well? If the NL loses the game partially because of poor fielding by Prince and the Crew go on to make the Series that would be a real kick in the nuts to lose the advantage.

Hmmmm...

Screw that. We want Fielder starting. I don't care about his defense. If we're talking defense, an outfield of Braun, Holliday, and Berkman is a lot worse than just having Prince play 1B. I'd DH Berkman and put Kemp in the starting lineup if that's allowed.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

If the NL loses the game partially because of poor fielding by Prince and the Crew go on to make the Series that would be a real kick in the nuts to lose the advantage.

The defense at 1B is not going to be a problem especially with Berkman, Braun, and Holliday as the three outfielders. That has to be the worst OF defensively ever in MLB. I wonder if the NL manager can have Berkman play DH instead of the OF. That OF defense is going to be ugly.

Who would play center with an outfield of Braun, Berkman and Holliday? Berkman has played in 166 games in CF in his career, but the last time he had any regular playing time there was 2004 with 122 appearances -- and even then, the Astros moved him out of CF late in the game. Neither Braun nor Holliday have played an inning of CF in their career.

Is it possible for them to slide one of the starters to DH and play Kemp in center?

http://sports.espn.go.com...11/news/story?id=6725795

Here's the expert picks. Really hope it turns out this way for real.

Polanco at 3B seems a bit odd, but 3B in the NL is a really bad position to select from. Ryan Roberts is having a decent season for the D-Backs, but I could also see Aramis Ramirez as a selection to take care of the Cubs mandatory player.

Archived