Brewer Fanatic

I think we need to stuff the ballot boxes for Weeks.(and maybe Lucroy)(but probably not)

logan82
It may be a little early to start thinking about the All-Star team but Weeks is currently trailing Brandon Phillips by 300,000 votes. Weeks is a better hitter and has been for years. Head and shoulders better. With Utley out I think Weeks is clearly the best 2B in the NL. Outside of Braun I don't think we have another player more deserving of being an All-Star. Fielder is good but there are a lot of good hitting 1B.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately I think Weeks will lose out by Phillips being a more known name. Not that anyone cares much in All Star voting, but I'll give Phillips his due that he's a better defender. Nobody has wanted Weeks to get to this point more than I have. I don't post on here much but I drove the bandwagon through every "he strikes out too much" comment I heard in casual conversation. He deserved a spot last year and if he gets left off this year, it will be a catastrophic mistake.

EDIT: There is an All Star selector on ESPN and I find it comical that LuCroy isn't even on their ballot.

Verified Member

Lucroy doesn't stand a chance. Hopefully he'll make it through player selections though.

Also annoying that Pujols is still not only leading first basemen, but the overall high vote getter, when he should be no higher than 5th among first basemen. Forget voting for Prince, we should be voting for Votto just to keep him out. Votto's the most deserving anyway, and then hopefully Prince gets a reserve spot.

we should be voting for Votto just to keep him out

When you say "him," do you mean Pujols?

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Weeks has the best hitting stats of any full-time second basemen in the NL. Phillips is also very good. I think they both deserve to be on the all-star team, and hopefully they both are. Things will be harder for Lucroy. He has great numbers, but so do some bigger names like Brian McCann, Russel Martin, and Yadier Molina. This team has quite a few potential all-stars.

Braun (now a perennial lock)

Marcum

Weeks

Fielder

Lucroy

Betancourt

Weeks has the best hitting stats of any full-time second basemen in the NL. Phillips is also very good. I think they both deserve to be on the all-star team, and hopefully they both are. Things will be harder for Lucroy. He has great numbers, but so do some bigger names like Brian McCann, Russel Martin, and Yadier Molina. This team has quite a few potential all-stars.

Marcum

Weeks

Fielder

Lucroy

Betancourt

Martin is playing for the Yankees now.

McCann is probably the number 1 guy and Molina is probably 2. Both are hitting close to Lucroy and throwing out way more runners. Lucroy is probably number 3 right or Iannetta from Colorado

Marcum

Weeks

Fielder

Lucroy

Betancourt

If Yo has a great June we could throw him in there as well as a possibility. Had a bad 4 or 5 game stretch stretch but has been lights out the rest of the season. I don't think he will make it, but if he continues dominating he could deserve a nod.

Both Weeks and Espinosa are probably more deserving than Phillips but he'll almost certainly make the team. Thankfully Storen has been so good that I think he'll make the team and we won't be stuck in a situation where Espinosa gets picked over Weeks just to have a Nat.

If Yo has a great June we could throw him in there as well as a possibility. Had a bad 4 or 5 game stretch stretch but has been lights out the rest of the season. I don't think he will make it, but if he continues dominating he could deserve a nod.
Yo also leads the NL in wins so that will make him a tempting pick to Bruce Bochy. A lot can happen until the final selection and right now it looks like Braun, Fielder and Marcum have very good chances and some of Weeks, Lucroy and Yo could make it as well.

Our record for most in a year is 4 in 1980, 1982, 1983, 2007.

Both Weeks and Espinosa are probably more deserving than Phillips but he'll almost certainly make the team. Thankfully Storen has been so good that I think he'll make the team and we won't be stuck in a situation where Espinosa gets picked over Weeks just to have a Nat.

Espinosa is only hitting .217 so I doubt he has a real shot. His BA will trend up but he likely needs to gain 50 points rather quickly to have even a small shot.

I don't think Weeks will be able to catch Phillips, but it would be borderline criminal if he didn't make the team as a reserve. Still a lot of time, but he and Braun have to be locks. Prince could make it in behind Pujols and Votto, but I could see Gaby Sanchez taking his spot (as the only Marlin with Johnson hurt and Hanley being awful). I would love to see Lucroy make it and he might have a shot...but there's a surprising amount of talent in the NL at catcher even with Posey out. McCann's having a down year for him, but has still been very good for a catcher. Guys like Montero, Iannetta, and Hernandez are all having good years. And I hate the guy, but Yadier is hitting above .300 and still playing good D. Maybe they'll make the final man vote all catchers, and we can send Lucroy in.

Lucroy doesn't stand a chance. Hopefully he'll make it through player selections though.

Also annoying that Pujols is still not only leading first basemen, but the overall high vote getter, when he should be no higher than 5th among first basemen. Forget voting for Prince, we should be voting for Votto just to keep him out. Votto's the most deserving anyway, and then hopefully Prince gets a reserve spot.

Votto has already replaced Pujols as the hitter I least like to face. Votto is scary good. He very well could be the perrenial MVP for the next 5 seasons. Amazing player.

Weeks is definitely deserving, but there's no way he beats Phillips. It's ok though, because I'm sure he'll get a reserve spot. Fielder on the other hand would be in trouble if Pujols gets voted in. Votto is a lock, and Howard is having a great year. Fielder is too, but idk if they'd take 1B. Maybe they would though, because all 3 of the reserves would deserve to be on the team more than Pujols. I think Lucroy has a good shot to make it also.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Weeks is definitely deserving, but there's no way he beats Phillips. It's ok though, because I'm sure he'll get a reserve spot. Fielder on the other hand would be in trouble if Pujols gets voted in. Votto is a lock, and Howard is having a great year. Fielder is too, but idk if they'd take 1B. Maybe they would though, because all 3 of the reserves would deserve to be on the team more than Pujols. I think Lucroy has a good shot to make it also.
If Howard makes the ASG over Fielder it will only be because of him playing Philly and Prince playing in Milwaukee. Prince's OPS is over 100 points higher than Howard's and Howards K to BB is 65/25 or 2.6/1 whereas Prince's is 27/27 or 1/1...Prince is dominating Howard right now.

CWH, how I wish that were true, but we all know it would make a very very minimal difference. Maybe in the event someone didn't care about a position they might. For example my wife used to love Jason LaRue, when they traded him a few years ago she hated David Ross because he was the reason LaRue was gone so she would vote all Reds except at catcher. In a case like that she might look at the stats, but most people are voting either for a guy they know deserves it, or for the hometown guy and stats aren't likely gonna sway anyone.

Chase Utley was brought up before. How many people vote for him based on reputation? A ton I bet. Add in the Philly size factor and he's gonna take a lot of votes from a guy like Phillips and Weeks who both are playing well and deserve votes based on PERFORMANCE and not just reputation.

As an outsider looking in at your team though.....I think Braun and Marcum are safe bets to make it with YG in the discussion. I think Phillips gets the starting nod and considering Bochy is managing I'd not be surprised if Freddy Sanchez is the backup.

• 3 weeks later...
Weeks is leading the NL in wOBA by a pretty large margin. Phillips is currently 5th. Phillips(.325) is closer to Espinoza(second best wOBA at .348) than Espinoza is to Weeks(.379).

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I am confused about the voting process. Can you vote 25 times per day, or 25 times per email address? I've been voting during each Brewers game and it appears that my votes have been counted even though I've been using the same email address.
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Archived