Brewer Fanatic

2011-05-31 Brewers (Greinke) at Reds (Reineke) - [Brewers win, 7-2]

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It would be fantastic if Lucroy could be a mid teens HR hitter for the duration of his stay in Milwaukee.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I like McGehee for what he is, but he's been over-valued around here some. He just has such limited athleticism that I've found it hard to get on board with him. He's gotten the most of out of what he has though, no one can take that away from him.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

McGehee has ranked 7th in OPS amongst all 3rd basemen in MLB in 2009 and 2010 over almost 1000 Pa's and was solid in the minor leagues.

I know the guy looks like rolly polly personified but I don't understand the hate.

It would be fantastic if Lucroy could be a mid teens HR hitter for the duration of his stay in Milwaukee.

I hope the stay is a long one. I have been a fan of him since 2007, and I am glad he is coming into his own in the big leagues.

Nice inning by Greinke there.

McGehee has ranked 7th in OPS amongst all 3rd basemen in MLB in 2009 and 2010 over almost 1000 Pa's and was solid in the minor leagues.

I know the guy looks like rolly polly personified but I don't understand the hate.

He posted an OPS over 800 once in his 5 years in the minors and that was in his first year of winter ball. He suddenly comes out of no where the second half of 2010 and for 2011. It isn't hate; the numbers just suggest what we are seeing now is more of the real Casey McGehee.

That's a nice outing for ZG. Got through 6 with only 2 ER against that lineup on an off night.....well done. I agree Casey needs a day off or maybe two, and put him further down in the order when he returns. He can treat it as "a new start." It couldn't be more clear Hart or Lucroy needs to hit 5th in this lineup.

Community Moderator
He posted an OPS over 800 once in his 5 years in the minors and that was in his first year of winter ball. He suddenly comes out of no where the second half of 2010 and for 2011. It isn't hate; the numbers just suggest what we are seeing now is more of the real Casey McGehee.
His minor-league numbers aren't great, but there are explanations for that. He could have been promoted too fast. He could have made significant improvements to his swing/approach. It is well known that Casey is one of the hardest workers on the team, so it is very possible that he just improved faster than your average ballplayer. And of course MLB numbers matter much more than what he did in the minors, who cares whether he hit A/AA pitchers 4 years ago or not?

So 1000 PA's is a fluke?

His career minor league OPS was .741 which would have ranked 11th last year, not amazing, but solid.

If this is the "real" Casey McGehee neither the minors or majors have ever seen the "real" McGehee.

Archived