Brewer Fanatic

Predictions for June

TheCrew
I'd say start Gamel at 1B and DH Prince , but I don't think Prince would take too kindly to that. Gamel's got nothing more to prove at AAA, may as well give him ML ABs while they're available.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The interleague schedule makes no sense to me, the Brewers got it about as tough as you can get it.

I think they'll hang in there, the team is the healthiest its been all season, so I'll go with 15-12.

As May ends-

The Brewers are within striking distance of both the division and the wildcard.

Ryan Braun has been the best player in the National League.

Braun, Weeks, Fielder, Lucroy and Marcum would all be justifiable picks for the All-Star team.

Gallardo is tied for the league lead in wins, and is rolling.

Greinke walks no one, and looks to be on the verge of some dominant pitching.

There's no reason to think this team can't hold its own against top competition.

There's no reason to think this team can't hold its own against top competition.
I really want to agree with this - but the home/road split is just so glaring right now that it has me worried about this month. Things have to get better on the road though, don't they?

14 wins would be a good month. Anything more would be a really good month, given the schedule. Just don't beleive a .750 winning percentage at home is sustainable. The good news is that if the Brewers do prove thmeselves this month, they should be in very good position for the important homestand going into the AS break.

Not to change the subject too much, but have you all seen the Cardinal's June schedule? SF, then Chicago, at Houston, at Milwaukee, at Washington, KC, Philly, at Toronto and at Baltimore. Certainly looks a lot easier than Milwaukee's. I hope the Brewers are still within striking distance at the end of the month.

1 @ Reds: 1-0

4 @ Marlins: 2-2

3 v Mets: 2-1

3 v Cardinals: 2-1

4 @ Cubs: 2-2

3 @ Red Sox: 1-2

3 v Twins: 2-1

3 v Rays: 2-1

3 @ Yankees: 1-2

15-12

Optimistically, this is the best I think they can do in June. Difficult month for sure, but this is my prediction if they play as they should i.e to OUR expectations. Of course they could get hot and be 18-9 or they could get cold and be 11-16. I just feel this team will play well during this month and even though I have them as 7-8 on the road this month, it is more a product of who they are playing than any indication of more road difficulties. Going off my prediction of 1-1 in Cincinnati for their current series, they will be 30-25 after May and after a 15-12 month of June, will be 45-37 come July 1.

1 @ Reds 0-1

4 @ Marlins 1-3

3 v Mets 2-1

3 v Cardinals 2-1

4 @ Cubs 2-2

3 @ Red Sox 1-2

3 v Twins 3-0

3 v Rays 2-1

3 @ Yankees 0-3

well, I was pretty pessimistic about May and it turned out to be a decent month, so I'll go the same route again. 13-14 record for the month of June sounds about right.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I will go with 17-10 ... At the start of the season I was really worried about the month of June and figured they would be lucky to go 12-15. But we are 100% healthy and rollin. Go Crew!!!

1-0 @ Reds
2-2 @ Marlins
2-1 v Mets
1-2 v Cardinals
3-1 @ Cubs
1-2 @ Red Sox
2-1 v Twins
2-1 v Rays
1-2 @ Yankees

15-12 overall
8-7 road
7-5 home

Looking at the Cards schedule for the month though, I'm afraid a 15-11 June record would leave the Brewers about 4 games behind St. Louis going into July. Hopefully Lohse and McClellan are going to come back to Earth and we don't lose that ground though.
Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

It would be great if Jeter was a few hits shy of 3000 when we got there and we held him hitless. If this happened we would be on national TV for all 3 games probably which could help our all-star voting.

The Yankees have 23 games until we get there and Jeter is 17 hits shy of 3000. So at the pace hes on he would need to hit around .160 over the next 23 games or miss some time to be near 3000 vs the crew. Pretty unlikely I guess.

I feeling pretty optimistic this morning, and since my May prediction was close but a little high, Ill shoot really high and hope the actual record follows. So I will say 20-7.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

• 3 weeks later...
Well, with just under 1/3 of the month to go, the Crew sit at 10-9 so far despite being 2-3 in terms of series played (plus a dangling chad loss against the Reds). So just going 4-4 the rest of the way will put them at a good month by my pre-stated standard, but it sure does seems the momentum (such as there is any) is heading in the wrong direction. Hopefully the boys can put some electricity back in MP the next two days, take a well-earned rest on Thursday and then take the weekend series with the Twins. That would put them over .500 on the month with another opportunity to turn things around on the road in a big-time environment.

Archived