3 v Mets

3 v Cardinals

4 @ Cubs

3 @ Red Sox

3 v Twins

3 v Rays

3 @ Yankees

12 Home / 15 Road

Hopes are high after this home stand but that is a tough road schedule (Marlins have been flying under the radar a bit).

My prediction: 14-13

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With the way they've been playing on the road and the fact that they are playing some darn good teams, I have to be a downer and say 12-15. Until they start winning away from Miller Park I just don't see them reaching that next level. Hopefully they prove me wrong.

I have completely unrealistic optimism for the month of June.

20-7.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Yikes, that's a tough schedule. We should have a good barring on where we stand after June. 8-4 at home and 5-10 on the road. 13-14 looks about right. I'd like to give them more credit after the home stand but that's an awfully tough schedule. At least it's broken up some without an overly lengthy road trip.

Tough month, I think if they can finish over .500 this month they will be in ver good shape...Red Soxs, Rays, Yankees, and Cards are all very good teams. Marlins are pretty good then the rival games in Twins and Cubs. Low end 12-15, high 16-11, be very happy with a 14-13 month. Anything lower than 12-15 will be big trouble dropping us 5+ games

16-11 - no rhyme or reason, other than an uneducated guess when looking at the schedule. It doesn't hurt that the team is on a roll. Good things happen when pitching and hitting work together.

If they really go 16-11 or better, I see a playoff appearance as this is the toughest month of the year.

17-10, higher if we add Gamel to dh those 6 games
It's 9 games, but yes it would have an impact.

only 6 that we're talking about in June, though. Still would be nice to have:

Weeks

Hart

Braun

Fielder

McGehee

Gamel

Lucroy

Morgan

Betancourt

Suddenly that's a solid lineup with even Betancourt being a solid 9th hitter in that he drives the ball.

Verified Member
I'll be very surprised if Kotsay isn't the DH for most of those games, or perhaps Prince while Kotsay plays first. I'd rather give Gamel a crack at it, but I just don't think it's likely.

I'll be very surprised if Kotsay isn't the DH for most of those games, or perhaps Prince while Kotsay plays first. I'd rather give Gamel a crack at it, but I just don't think it's likely.
Yeah, it's sad, but probably true. Only thing that gives me hope is that Melvin said it was a good possibility before the season started.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

I know I'm probably in the minority, but I'd rather leave Gamel alone right now - bringing him up for 24-30 AB's probably isn't going to make a difference anyhow. My guess is that we'll see Kotsay and possibly Hart DH with Morgan drawing some starts, not saying I like it but that's my guess on what Roenicke will do.

Archived