Brewer Fanatic

2011-05-28 Giants (Sanchez) at Brewers (Wolf) - [Brewers win, 3-2, Lucroy walk-off squeeze]

I'd say its about time to get someone warming in the pen. Im thinkin Estrada but thats me

Wolf has only given up 2 hits and is at 72 pitches. Would seem a bit premature to take him out.

I'll give you that but the way he was lookin in the 5th and the 6th you can tell he is starting to decline. He's had to work himself out of innings the last 2 innings. Granted he's done that but it atleast has to be in the back of your mind.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Verified Member
I'd say its about time to get someone warming in the pen. Im thinkin Estrada but thats me

Wolf has only given up 2 hits and is at 72 pitches. Would seem a bit premature to take him out.

Normally I'd agree, but with Brewer pitchers this year it seems like when things start to go sour in the 6th and 7th innings they go real sour real fast. Estrada has been pretty lights out, so I certainly wouldn't be opposed to getting him up and ready anyway. Wolf got through it nicely though.

Can't be burning up bullpen arms that early all the time...even getting them loose and not using them could burn them out. Save the shorter leash for the 7th or 8th.

I agree but our bullpen hasn't been needed as much this year. So in close games now you can go to your bullpen a little earlier. Besides the whole reason i wanted to bring in Estrada was cause he could possibly take us through the 8th and straight to Axford. Or atleast through the 7th.

right now i would probably bring Wolf out for the 8th but I would have one of Hawkins, Loe, or Estrada ready to come in at any sign on struggle. I want this win. lol
Good call there. Would have liked to see Randy get through the 8th but, good move by RRR with the quick hook.

Great outing by Wolf. Has been pitching very well this year.

I fear that was one batter too long. I wish he would've been pulled after the walk.

He looked great in the 7th and ball 4 didn't miss by much.

If Wolf comes back with a DP to the next batter we'd be singing a different tune. I think he was pulled at the right time.

Verified Member
Hopefully Loe can get his ERA under 4 with this outing. Not there is much of a difference between 3.95 and 4.07, but it's just really ugly to have to look at one of your main options for relieving to have an ERA that begins with 4.

Archived