Brewer Fanatic

2011-05-28 Giants (Sanchez) at Brewers (Wolf) - [Brewers win, 3-2, Lucroy walk-off squeeze]

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Having Hart out of the lineup isn't the worst thing, but batting Gomez 2nd and Morgan 8th is incomprehensible.
Why? Morgan is terrible against lefties. Gomez is actually the best option in the 2 hole against lefties with Hart not playing. I love Morgan, but the guy can't hit lefties well enough to bat 2nd against them. Morgan's career splits vs LHP .201/.293/.276. That's pretty bad. I don't mind him hitting 8th against a lefty, but not 2nd.

Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Yeah, kinda figured there was a reason Hart wasn't in. I don't understand why everyone always has such a knee jerk reaction and can't just wait for more information.

RRR's track record thus far doesn't exactly instill confidence that there is a higher logic to some of his moves.

If Lucroy catches 4 out of 5 starters that is all you can expect. I'll worry about Game 4 of a playoff series at that point in time and its not like Lucroy has never caught Wolf and its not like Lucroy didn't have a tough game last night.

Tough inning with 2 passed balls. He was 2 for 4 and is currently carrying the best average on the team (less Morgan). I don't know if that is a tough game.

I agree a catcher does typically take at least one game off a week. I guess if Wolf has issues with him he might as well take that day off when Wolf pitches. It is annoying though. All the other starters praise Lucroy's work ethic and ability to call a game; so it seems more like a Wolf issue that a Lucroy issue.

Can't we be over the Wolf/Lucroy discussion by now. Just because Kendall caught upwards of 150 games a year doesn't mean that's the way it's suppose to go. Most catchers in MLB get at least one day a week off from catching duties. Isn't it enough that we sit Wolf 4 out of every 5 days, just so Lucroy can play?
Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

Verified Member
When something doesn't make sense, usually there is a reason that isn't public (Hart being sick). Yet many people would rather jump on management and call him an idiot. Hopefully Hart can pinch hit today. I like being able to pick from Lucroy, Kotsay, Hart and Counsell in key situations late in the game. Of course, that's pretty ridiculous since it means the not-so-good players are hitting in the first 6 innings.

When something doesn't make sense, usually there is a reason that isn't public (Hart being sick). Yet many people would rather jump on management and call him an idiot. Hopefully Hart can pinch hit today. I like being able to pick from Lucroy, Kotsay, Hart and Counsell in key situations late in the game. Of course, that's pretty ridiculous since it means the not-so-good players are hitting in the first 6 innings.
Like Gomez hitting 2nd or Kotsay starting as much as he has or Loe being trotted out there all the dang time until his arm falls off in August?

I get what you're saying. People should wait for more info, but what in Ron's track record has shown that his decisions have reason.

If he was making the right call more often we would probably cut him more slack.

Verified Member
Like Gomez hitting 2nd or Kotsay starting as much as he has or Loe being trotted out there all the dang time until his arm falls off in August?

I get what you're saying. People should wait for more info, but what in Ron's track record has shown that his decisions have reason.

If he was making the right call more often we would probably cut him more slack.

Kotsay only played because of injuries. Part of being liked in the clubhouse and having players want to play for you is rewarding guys for doing what you want them to do. Gomez did what RR wanted him to do in Spring Training, and he was rewarded by batting in the 2 spot. When the results didn't follow, and his approach changed, he was moved down in the order/was benched. Kotsay played over Morgan during the first couple of weeks because Kotsay was with the club all Spring and Morgan joined the team a day or to before the season. It makes sense that Kotsay would get playing time over Morgan early in order to develop a good team atmosphere. It's not like the discrepancy between them was so great as to make much of a difference for a couple of games anyway. Now that Morgan has paid his dues and his healthy, I don't think you'll see Kotsay in center again.

What happened on Gomez's inside-the-park-HR? Gameday says it went through the hole at second base. Huh?

It was a slapper down the first base line and then as Ross went down to scoop it, he didn't get his glove down and it rolled all the way to the wall.

Archived