Brewer Fanatic

2011-05-28 Giants (Sanchez) at Brewers (Wolf) - [Brewers win, 3-2, Lucroy walk-off squeeze]

May 28 - 3:10 P.M.

http://www.ishouldhavebeenanastronaut.com/brewfan/2011/logos/giants.jpghttp://www.ishouldhavebeenanastronaut.com/brewfan/2011/logos/brewers.jpg

28-22

27-24

Pitching Matchup

http://www.ishouldhavebeenanastronaut.com/brewfan/2011/pitchers/giants/sanchez-01.jpghttp://www.ishouldhavebeenanastronaut.com/brewfan/2011/pitchers/brewers/wolf-11.jpg

Jonathan Sanchez

3-3 | 3.47

Sanchez didn't factor into the decision in the Giants' 5-4 win over the A's on Sunday, but he recorded his fifth quality start, allowing one run on five hits and two walks in six innings. He has given up a home run in all four of his starts in May.

Brewers vs. Sanchez
Sanchez Game Log

Randy Wolf

4-4 | 3.70

Wolf pitched seven innings, surrendered four hits and one run during his last outing. He tallied five strikeouts en route to his first win for the month of May and improved to 4-4 overall.

Giants vs. Wolf
Wolf Game Log

Starting Lineups

1. CF Aaron Rowand
  2. 2B Freddy Sanchez
  3. LF Pat Burrell
  4. RF Cody Ross
  5. 1B Aubrey Huff
  6. 3B Miguel Tejada
  7. SS Emmanuel Burriss
  8. C Eli Whiteside
  9. LHP Jonathan Sanchez

1. 2B Rickie Weeks
  2. CF Carlos Gomez
  3. LF Ryan Braun
  4. 1B Prince Fielder
  5. 3B Casey McGehee
  6. SS Yuniesky Betancourt
  7. C Wil Nieves
  8. RF Nyjer Morgan
  9. LHP Randy Wolf

Media Coverage

http://www.ishouldhavebeenanastronaut.com/brewfan/2011/media/media-wmlw-mlbn.jpg

Brewerfan Game Chat

MLB GameDay 2010 | ESPN GameCast | 620 WTMJ Affiliates

Fan Sites

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess Roenicke meant what he said when he said that Hart to him is not an everyday player....yeeesh. And how about we can the whole Gomez in the 2 hole thing already, Ronny? If you're going to put out a lineup this ugly, at least flip Morgan and Gomez.

Seeing as we're facing a lefty, something must be wrong with Hart. I can see not hitting Morgan 2nd against the lefty though. He's .200 in his career against lefties, which is why he normally wouldn't even be in the lineup. This lineup is very, very bad though.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Prince, good call about it being against a lefty, I guess that being what it is, Gomez is about the best option we have in the 2-hole today, assuming something is wrong with Hart. If he's a healthy scratch today, then RR is the one who has something wrong with him.

I'm annoyed by the fact that Lucroy isn't playing because Wolf is pitching. The day after a night game is a convenient excuse to "rest" Lucroy even though this is not even a typical day game since it starts at 3:10. Lucroy is one of the better hitters on the team, I don't care if Wolf doesn't like to pitch to him he needs to be in the lineup and Wolf needs to get over himself

Catchers don't catch every game. I think people just need to let the Lucroy and Wolf thing go. Its not that big of a deal.
It is a big deal. If we make the playoffs is Lucroy going to be taken out of the lineup because Wolf is pitching? They need to get their crap together. Of course catchers don't can't every game but they catch day after night games all the time especially when they just had a day off the other day. You want to sit Lucroy down and give him a rest, you do it against a tough righty not in this situation. It's clearly a Wolf thing.

If Lucroy catches 4 out of 5 starters that is all you can expect. I'll worry about Game 4 of a playoff series at that point in time and its not like Lucroy has never caught Wolf and its not like Lucroy didn't have a tough game last night.

Lucroy getting a day off is fine. Gomez hitting 2nd against a lefty is fine. But if Hart isn't dinged up he needs to be in there. Surely something is bothering him because I don't think RRR is THIS incompetent.

Time to start a new winning streak!

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

Agreed with everyone here. RRR is an idiot if Hart isn't hurt. The guy was an All Star last year and as much as I love T Plush, is a much better option against lefties. They just had an off day, so its not like he needs a day off.

Also if Plush is going to be playing over Hart he should be holding the 2 spot. Seriously getting sick of these lineups.

Even though I don't think Nieves should even be on the roster (though that's another topic itself), I can understand Lucroy isn't going to start every day.

However, assuming Hart is healthy, sitting him vs a LHP Sanchez in favor of a notoriously bad lefty hitter vs LHP is simply unforgivable. It goes way outside the boundaries of a typical "arguable" managerial decision.

Well now that we know Hart isn't with the team for some reason I don't mind the lineup as much. I can understand starting Nieves, and Gomez is a better option in the 2 hole than Morgan against lefties. Lets hope Wolf can throw another gem today cause were going to need it

Archived