Brewer Fanatic

2011-05-27 Giants (Lincecum) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers fall, 5-4]

Thing about that bunt was, given how much the Crew was struggling to score runs at that point, there was a fair amount of not minding that the Crew was taking baby steps to make sure they got a run.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lincecum's off-speed stuff is flat early

Yep. Looks like if guys can wait on stuff they can handle it. Easier said than done. Braun can do it. Fielder can do it. Other guys still have to be at their very best to make it happen.

Wow. I won't argue the Brewers are a great defensive team, because they aren't. And you can argue about range and the like all you want. But when you go from 23 errors to 9 over the same span of games from one season to the next it's pretty hard to say they aren't *playing* much better defensively, even if they aren't "better" on paper, or from some theoretical standpoint. Will it continue? Who knows. But there has to be some correlation between the decrease in errors and the +10 win differential.

Macum is a flat great pitcher. so far he is look shapre tonight.
Looks like the "r" did what it wanted in that post. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Haven't seen Josh Wilson play much during his time in the bigs. Do any of you guys know anything about his defense? I know his bat sucks...Gomez has a better career average, OBP, and OPS than him so if he is bad in the field the pick up makes no sense to me.

Haven't seen Josh Wilson play much during his time in the bigs. Do any of you guys know anything about his defense? I know his bat sucks...Gomez has a better career average, OBP, and OPS than him so if he is bad in the field the pick up makes no sense to me.

Bill was saying he is a slick fielding middle infielder, but Bill says a lot of things.

PS nice DP by Marcum there. This guys is just great.

Archived