Brewer Fanatic

Nyjer's role going forward

RobDeer 45
SoCal[/b] Brew Crew Fan]They probably won't go straight platoon, but 50/50 would be a big improvement. The bigger impediment will be RRR's Kotsay love...he needs to be firmly planted on the bench, but I doubt that happens.

I agree on Kotsay, he needs to have his role reduced to full time bench player. I'm hoping for a straight platoon with Nyjer and Gomez. I'm not really sure what to expect though, but to me if you give them both the platoon role based strictly on handedness of the pitcher there's nothing for either of them to complain about and the role is clearly defined. I think that keeps everyone happier in the long run. No evidence to back that up, just a gut feeling.

• 2 weeks later...
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Is it me or does it seem like Nyjer plays every game like it's his last? The guy just always seems like he is giving it everything he has - really fun player to watch.
I said that the other day myself. He really seems to play with 'angry' energy an awful lot of the time.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Well, it's sure looking like Morgan has earned the right to play everyday against righties. Looks like it's gonna be a straight platoon to me.

And that's the way it should be. Just going off of camera shots in the dugout, Gomez sure looks antsy when he's not out there playing.

Verified Member
PEM, it's because once in a Little League game Roenicke saw Morgan strike out when he started against a RHP two days in a row.

And it was Little League spring training, so it carries even more weight.

Archived