Brewer Fanatic

What is the best ASA approved softball bat for 2011?

Hammer

Hey all - I'm guessing that there are quite a few fellow softball players on here so I thought I'd look for some opinions where the knowledge is the best. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I am looking for a new slow-pitch bat for this year. My Synergy Clear just doesn't have the same kind of "pop" as some of the bats my opponents are using so I feel the need to upgrade. I am a big, strong dude that swings really hard but would really like the additional help from the bat.

My price range is up to $300-$350 if need be but I don't use price as the best tool for measuring success. I have read some other websites but you never know what testimonials are paid for and which ones are genuine...

Opinions?

@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

The 2011 Easton line is pretty popular. My vote goes to the Salvo which goes for $200 retail but can be had for $180 on eBay, otherwise the SRV3, SRV4, and SSR2 are all good options as well if you wanted to spend a bit more.

The 2011 Easton line is pretty popular. My vote goes to the Salvo which goes for $200 retail but can be had for $180 on eBay, otherwise the SRV3, SRV4, and SSR2 are all good options as well if you wanted to spend a bit more.

I've heard good things about the Salvo too

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I see a lot of Miken's "Freak" line, too. The MSF Freak isn't legal (has the 2004 certification mark, but has since been banned), but there are several other in the Freak line that are -- 98, Maxload, etc.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Just took a couple of swings with "The One" that has been used for 2 months now. That thing is HOT HOT HOT! Hit a .44 core about 380 or 400 on my second swing. Thinking that is way that I'm going to go. What is the big difference between The One and the .12?

There really isn't a huge difference between them. The .12 has a slightly less of a sweet spot, a stiffer handle, but is a little more end loaded which I like. Mine only has about 50 hits on it and I have already hit some loooong home runs with it. These bats are really nice. The new Easton Stealth SSR4 is supposed to be one hell of a bat too

• 2 weeks later...
Have it down to either a The One .12 or a Salvo. Going to go swing both of them tomorrow and hopefully will have a new one by my Tuesday night league. Fun stuff!!

You really can't go wrong with either. At this point it may come down to whether you prefer a one or a two-piece bat. The One.12 that I swung was extremely stiff and gave a lot of feedback when you made contact while the Salvo had a softer feel after say 200 hits.

Archived