Brewer Fanatic

Brewers claim SS Josh Wilson from Diamondbacks; Saito to 60-day DL

battlekow

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess Saito is already over halfway to 60 days as it is, so this isn't that big of a move for his standpoint. Just need to make room for him when he's ready, if that ever happens.

Wilson isn't very good, but if Betancourt were to go down, at least we'd have something. That depth is UGLY.

Any chance either of them join the big league club right away? Or both stay down in AAA? It appears this might kill any chance of a Branyan signing. Fields will need a spot on the 40 man roster right? Please do the right thing and dump Nieves. Please!!!

Wow, how did this guy manage to get 360 at bats with Seattle last year where he posted a .572 OPS?

Once Morgan gets back and Boggs gets DFA, our righthanded bench options will be ugly ugly. Wilson, Nieves, and Gomez on days Morgan is starting in CF. Counsell and Kotsay from the left side.

We better not ever need more than a single from a pinch hitter.

We better not ever need more than a single from a pinch hitter.

Seeing as how none of those guys can hit over .250, I wouldn't even count on many singles.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

I don't really understand the need for Josh Wilson, it's not like Craig Counsell was getting overused. I would have much rather seen Mat Gamel or Eric Farris on our bench, or even Brendan Katin.

Verified Member
I guess I'm the only guy who likes this pickup. I'd hope that Nieves is gone and we improve our versatility on the bench a bit. He's gotta be better at D than Yuni, and I'd hope that he can run a little bit, but I really have no idea. I don't like carrying 3 catchers and only 1 backup IF. Now if he can't play D or run (his stats already show that he can't hit, but the rest of his game is too hard too judge from numbers) then it's a bad pickup, but if he can't hit, run or field I doubt he ever would've seen the time in the bigs that he has.

They picked up the wrong DFA'ed Diamondback.

Wilson seems to be a warm body at this point, but we'll see. Hopefully at some point this year we can do something to beef up the bench.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I guess I don't have a problem with adding another backup infielder. But I'd rather just trade for a better one than pickup a guy like Wilson. Maybe they are planning on giving Counsell some more playing time now at SS and 3B, so an extra IF would come in handy.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Well, I don't get it. Hopefully this isn't one of those guys Roenicke falls in love with. I can't wait to see people clamoring for Yuni to get more playing time.
I doubt he'll take playing time from Yuni. Counsell will most likely do that, so Wilson is there as an extra IF to protect us.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Archived