Brewer Fanatic

2011-05-25 Nationals (Marquis) at Brewers (Greinke) - [Brewers win, 6-4]

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Defensive substitution: Yuniesky Betancourt replaces shortstop Craig Counsell.

LOL at Roenicke.

Seriously. This guy makes me question his ability every single day. With as highly recommended as he came I am just baffled by the decisions.

I'd strongly consider bringing Ax in here
I would've, but Roenicke seems to refuse to use him for more than one inning like Macha did.
The fact Axford could go more than one inning was one of the reasons he was so valuable last year. A WAR of 2.0 from a reliever is big especially given how they calculate replacement level

Defensive substitution: Yuniesky Betancourt replaces shortstop Craig Counsell.

LOL at Roenicke.

Betancourt is actually replacing McGehee in a double-switch. Counsell is sliding over to 3B.

There obviously is some logic behind that double switch from the batting lineup perspective. Although I would have prefered he double switched Kotsay out rather than McGehee.

Hell Yuni / Counsell probably is about even defensively with Counsell / McGehee. Neither are any good though

EDIT: Oops didn't realize Kotsay was leading off

I thnk I probably would have left the pitcher in teh 9 hole there and not done the double. Loe wouldn't have been hitting anyway and you could have gotten Rivera an AB there with a man on if the situation arose. Now we're looking at Yuni batting with a man on if the situation arises.

Swwiiiiiing and a miss. Let's get some Badger Mutual insurance runs!
With the bottom of our order coming up, and they way they have failed so far today, I'm not optimistic.
True. Hope springs eternal I guess.

That whole situation turned out well, but it was a perfect opportunity to get Rivera an AB. Why have him up (with yet another backup C also on the roster) if you're not gong to find ways to get him plate appearances?

Verified Member
I would guess that Loe is pitching the ninth. Axford has pitched four of the last 5 days, so getting a day off makes sense, even with the off day tomorrow; as then he'll be well rested for what will likely be a low scoring series against the Giants. If a guy or two gets on and we need a K, perhaps Axford gets warmed up. If this is the case, the double switch makes perfect sense.

Archived