Brewer Fanatic

2011-05-25 Nationals (Marquis) at Brewers (Greinke) - [Brewers win, 6-4]

Marquis has been pretty erratic the past 6 or so ABs and Kotsay was the only one of the last 3 batters to have any clue as to how to approach his AB.

Edit: make that 4.

You mean, don't take the bat off your shoulder and hope for a walk?

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I mean not swinging at pitches that aren't hittable, especially when you're way ahead in the count. Or not hittting a borderline first pitch into a double play against a guy who can obviously be worked a bit for a better ptich.

I'm starting to wonder if Brewer fans have too crazy an expectation for Greinke. He had a preseason ZiPS projection of 3.23. He just gave up 3 runs in 7 innings (3.86 ERA). 1o strikes and 1 walk. That is a solid outing.

Opps, RR let's Greinke lead off to get one more inning out of him. Not smart at all. If Greinke is a true 3.4 ERA pitcher, he's high 3's after three times through the lineup, easy. There are at least a couple of Brewer reliever who are better than that. With the day off tomorrow, even if Greinke wasn't batting this inning, he probably should have been yanked.

Community Moderator

The Nationals announcers thought that Braun walked on 3 balls. MLB.com says the count was correct. Not sure who was right.

Overall the Nationals announcers are excellent based on the few innings I have watched today.

The Nationals announcers thought that Braun walked on 3 balls. MLB.com says the count was correct. Not sure who was right.

Overall the Nationals announcers are excellent based on the few innings I have watched today.

Gameday color coded the second pitch as a strike (it was the one I commented on above), but apparently, it was a ball, as that's what is shown in the pitch-by-pitch list.

I agree. I've watched a few Nats games this season and they are some of the more fair announcers I've heard.

Community Moderator

The umpire turned to the left and lifted his arm, but he was pointing toward the batboy asking for more baseballs. The count was correct.

Nice job Prince!!!

Archived