Brewer Fanatic

2011-05-24 Nationals (Hernandez) at Brewers (Narveson) - [Brewers win, 7-6]

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alright this Lucroy batting 8th stuff needs to end. Put him 6th and leave him there.

Why stop at 6th?

I would put him 2nd but Roenicke would never do that. Obviously Weeks, Braun, and Prince are entrenched in their spots. Roenicke also seems to think Casey should be always 5th so 6th seems the next best.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Community Moderator
I like his defense, hate his bat. Love his speed, hate his brain. So overall I don't really want him in because I think when Nyger gets back he will be much better than GoGo but right now I'm ok with having him strictly for Def purposes.

How can people actually like Gomez? It still stymies me. You have to be a super homer to like him I guess.

I like him. I realize his offense sucks but his defense is great. He never should have been in the situation he was in tonight, hitting 3rd. When he hits 7th or 8th, he's fine. Anything he does on offense is a bonus because his defense is so good.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Community Moderator
Ok I know Hart is hot as heck right now, but would it be dumb to have him bat 5th and Lucroy 2nd (I know that he'd get fewer at bats over the year)? I just like him better in the RBI spot after Prince and Braun are on. Then move Casey back one spot.

Ok I know Hart is hot as heck right now, but would it be dumb to have him bat 5th and Lucroy 2nd (I know that he'd get fewer at bats over the year)? I just like him better in the RBI spot after Prince and Braun are on. Then move Casey back one spot.
I know what you're saying, but Hart is getting up there with men on (someone just mentioned how Weeks has scored on all of his homeruns the past two days). I wouldn't have a problem with Hart hitting fifth, but I'm comfortable with him at two.

Lucroy is hot right now so he would look great in the two hole, but I really don't think it's sustainable. I think he deserves to move up in the order, but to 6 or 7....i don't think throughout the course of the season he's a #2 hitter.

That would be my plan, at least until Nyjer comes back (assuming he starts the majority of games).

Why couldn't RR go with Boggs when Braun got tossed? When your already down 3 runs it makes no sense to put the worst hitter on the team in the 3 hole.

This team just has trouble scoring runs when they aren't hitting homers.

Archived