Brewer Fanatic

2011-05-24 Nationals (Hernandez) at Brewers (Narveson) - [Brewers win, 7-6]

He said something about Hart being one of those guys that he doesn't want out there nine innings every day.
Are you sure that if he said that, it didn't have anything to do with Hart getting over his injury? I've never heard any manager said that about any starter, ever.
This was being talked about in the Kotsay in CF/Roenicke idiot thread. Postgame comments last night:

Did Corey not play yesterday because he needed a day off or was it Jimenez?

You know, there's certain guys I like to match up anyway and I thought it was a good match up for him to sit that day. You know I'm still, some of the guys I'm still, I don't want out there nine innings every day and he's one of those guys. Certainly, when he gets hot he's going to be out there every day, but I thought it was a good time to do that.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bill is wrong. Braun should not have been thrown out for that. He didn't say anything to him, he just slammed his helmet down in frustration. To me, that isn't an "automatic ejection" in the words of Bill.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Bill is wrong. Braun should not have been thrown out for that. He didn't say anything to him, he just slammed his helmet down in frustration. To me, that isn't an "automatic ejection" in the words of Bill.

Replay shows he slammed down the helmet and stared right at the ump saying you gotta be kidding me.

it probably shouldn't be an "automatic ejection", but almost every umpire in the league will toss a player for something like that. Braun should know that.

Replay shows he slammed down the helmet and stared right at the ump saying you gotta be kidding me.

Yeah just saw that part. Still, it looked like he said that last part after he was already tossed. I don't think he was trying to show up the ump though.

I don't know, I would think someone like Milton Bradley would be tossed right away. But that was Braun's 2nd ejection ever. I would think some umps know the guys and could tell if a guy was trying to show him up. Braun doesn't have that reputation. But obviously the umpire had a right to toss him, I just don't think he should've.

I for one am actually glad to see Braun ejected. I would rather have my players get ejected by showing emotion than acting like robots. As long as it isn't a common occurrence I'm fine with Braun arguing. IMO Roenicke should have been tossed to. When your player gets tossed you better stand up for him and get tossed to. I am a huge Roenicke fan but he should have gotten himself tossed as well

Archived