Brewer Fanatic

2011-05-24 Nationals (Hernandez) at Brewers (Narveson) - [Brewers win, 7-6]

Kotsay pretty much won the game for us with his bat last time he started there.

Not really. He drove in 2 runs and cost a run in that game. We won 5-2. I take that back. That was the game before. In the last game I beleive he went hitless and we lost.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
True, I don't understand why Lucroy is in the 8 slot, but I really think we're making too big a deal putting Kotsay in CF. This is only the second time, and likely the last with Plush on the comeback. RR doesn't want to move Hart out of the spot he plays every day, which I can understand, and he wants to sit Gomez' bat. Yeah, Kotsay is pretty poor out there, but I'm not in love with Boggs, and Kotsay pretty much won the game for us with his bat last time he started there. Ideal? No. Lunacy? Not really.

Actually, I'm pretty sure this is the 4th start in CF, 2 of which were at Petco (one of the most spacious ballparks out there). And Gomez has actually been a lot better at home (small sample but still) than on the road. And I still don't get why Lucroy is 8th.

Okay. Four. But it's tough to explain how Gomez and Kotsay have the same number of multi-hit games (6).

True, I don't understand why Lucroy is in the 8 slot, but I really think we're making too big a deal putting Kotsay in CF. This is only the second time, and likely the last with Plush on the comeback. RR doesn't want to move Hart out of the spot he plays every day, which I can understand, and he wants to sit Gomez' bat. Yeah, Kotsay is pretty poor out there, but I'm not in love with Boggs, and Kotsay pretty much won the game for us with his bat last time he started there. Ideal? No. Lunacy? Not really.

Actually, I'm pretty sure this is the 4th start in CF, 2 of which were at Petco (one of the most spacious ballparks out there). And Gomez has actually been a lot better at home (small sample but still) than on the road. And I still don't get why Lucroy is 8th.

Okay. Four. But it's tough to explain how Gomez and Kotsay have the same number of multi-hit games (6).

How many times do I need to explain this? I don't care about the difference between Gomez and Kotsay when it comes to offense. We have enough offense right now. The difference between Kotsay and Gomez on defense is greater than the difference on offense (especially in a pitcher's park like Petco).
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Incredible. Didn't Jenkins have 5 in two games once?

Yeah, I remember being at the second game.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

How many times do I need to explain this? I don't care about the difference between Gomez and Kotsay when it comes to offense. We have enough offense right now. The difference between Kotsay and Gomez on defense is greater than the difference on offense (especially in a pitcher's park like Petco).
Enough offense???? We couldn't score on the road and Kotsay was personally responsible for 3 of our 5 runs in our 5-2 victory at Petco. How many times do you need to explain what? Your opinion as fact?

Kotsay pretty much won the game for us with his bat last time he started there.

Not really. He drove in 2 runs and cost a run in that game. We won 5-2. I take that back. That was the game before. In the last game I beleive he went hitless and we lost.

And scored a run and kept an inning alive where we scored more.

Enough offense???? We couldn't score on the road and Kotsay was personally responsible for 3 of our 5 runs in our 5-2 victory at Petco. How many times do you need to explain what? Your opinion as fact?

Explain the fact that Kotsay is a terrible defender and shouldn't be in CF. This is a fact, yes.

Explain the fact that Kotsay is a terrible defender and shouldn't be in CF. This is a fact, yes.

He isn't a great defender. I never said he was. But people are rallying around their cry that him playing a few games there will doom our season. Someone above said "Does Ron not want to make the playoffs?" He's played 1000 games in CF in his career. My original post just stated that it's not the end of the world and not as big a deal as people make it.

I don't care how long he's played there in the past, he can't play there anymore. If this was an isolated incident with Roenicke, it wouldn't be a big deal. But this is just one of many dumb things that Roenicke does that could negatively affect the season. Sure it's only 4 games but it's 3 games in the past 2 weeks. And Roenicke's also said that he doesn't consider Hart an everyday player, which is just dumb. So that probably means that Kotsay will see more starts in right field once Hart's hot streak is over. It's the numerous little things like this that add up.

The Hart comment is a non-sequitor that has nothing to do with my opinion of Gomez or what I am saying.

There was no way Hart was sitting today with his night last night and Kotsay is 13-38 (.342) versus Hernandez. I know, I know.....Offense doesn't matter.

Nice pic. I get the point. I'll move on now. Definitely no reason to continue. We disagree. That's all.

I don't care how long he's played there in the past, he can't play there anymore. If this was an isolated incident with Roenicke, it wouldn't be a big deal. But this is just one of many dumb things that Roenicke does that could negatively affect the season. Sure it's only 4 games but it's 3 games in the past 2 weeks. And Roenicke's also said that he doesn't consider Hart an everyday player, which is just dumb. So that probably means that Kotsay will see more starts in right field once Hart's hot streak is over. It's the numerous little things like this that add up.

did he say that hart isn't an everyday player, or that hart can be very streaky and sometimes can benefit from a day or two off in a week where he's not hitting well? I'm not trying to be condescending, I just haven't read the quote that you speak of. Because if he said/meant the latter, he's correct. When Corey isn't swinging the bat right, his timing is all of and he just isn't enjoyable to watch. I have no problem with him getting a day or two off if that's the case.

did he say that hart isn't an everyday player, or that hart can be very streaky and sometimes can benefit from a day or two off in a week where he's not hitting well? I'm not trying to be condescending, I just haven't read the quote that you speak of. Because if he said/meant the latter, he's correct. When Corey isn't swinging the bat right, his timing is all of and he just isn't enjoyable to watch. I have no problem with him getting a day or two off if that's the case.

He said something about Hart being one of those guys that he doesn't want out there nine innings every day. I agree he doesn't need to play nine innings every day but from other things he's said this year plus his actions early on, I think Kotsay could see 2-3 starts a week when Hart's off. I'm not a big Hart fan but he's better than Kotsay and should only be getting maybe 1 day a week off.

He said something about Hart being one of those guys that he doesn't want out there nine innings every day.
Are you sure that if he said that, it didn't have anything to do with Hart getting over his injury? I've never heard any manager said that about any starter, ever.

Archived