Brewer Fanatic

Shaun Marcum shares NL Player of the Week award with Arizona's Daniel Hudson

ilovebeer

Community Moderator

Bulldog! Congrats Marcum.

How fun is it to watch a staff like this? It's so fun to watch these guys go out there and shut teams down, one after another. Sure there are some bad starts here and there but just look at this team 12 months ago....it's amazing what the staff looks like now.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I finally made it a game last Saturday (living 4 hours away). When Grienke made his first start, I worked out the rotation and was mildly disappointed to find out that I would see Marcum instead of ZG.

My bad. Congrats Shaun!

Congrats to Marcum!!! Certainly well deserved.

However, this leads me to ask... would we have been better off trading Fielder for Hudson and others last season when it was reportedly on the table? Assuming the Marcum trade still would have happened, we'd have Yo, Marcum, Hudson, Wolf, Narveson, still retaining Cain, Escobar, Jeffress and Odorizzi. Just a thought when I saw the two names together. We certainly won't know the answer until we see how all the players' careers turn out.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Archived