Brewer Fanatic

Luis Cruz wants to return to Brewers organization?

Invader3K

No one really knows what Texas promised Cruz and his agent, so it's probably not good to call someone stupid for a decision he made when all the facts aren't on the table. Maybe the Rangers said that he would be their first call up for a bench spot. While I'm sure he'd like to be a starter, if reality has set in, he probably realizes that his best bet is to find a team that can use a backup utility IF. If he can find that job, his salary goes from AAA to MLB minimum, and once he's a "proven MLB guy," he could find a bench role for years.

I never liked him as a Brewers starter, but since he was the only "Plan B" option we had this offseason, I sure wanted the team to hang onto him. If he wants back and we can get him for virtually nothing, then I'm for it. Whether it's Cruz or someone else, I sure hope we do something to get someone else in the organization who can play SS. Right now, if Yuni gets hurt we're in bad shape.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Archived