Brewer Fanatic

What Would You Like to See in the New CBA?

Slotted money on picks. Not suggested slotted value, hard slotting.

Maybe a hockey style draft where your picks can go to play college but remain your property. Sort of leaning towards no on that one but thought I would throw it out there.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe a hockey style draft where your picks can go to play college but

remain your property. Sort of leaning towards no on that one but

thought I would throw it out there.

I'd like something more like football and basketball where you declare and have a deadline to pull out. Once you hire an agent you're in. None of this..."well I'll see how much money I get offered and if I don't like it I'll just go to school". Too much leverage for the players.

But someone brought up earlier something I've been adamant about....fix the compensation system. Heck I'd rather they just eliminate it entirely as opposed to keeping the current system.

I'd like something more like football and basketball where you declare and have a deadline to pull out. Once you hire an agent you're in. None of this..."well I'll see how much money I get offered and if I don't like it I'll just go to school". Too much leverage for the players.

They can't hire an agent.

I blame Wang.

paul253]Maybe a hockey style draft where your picks can go to play college but

That's actually the same system the NBA has.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

The only thing I would want is the abolishing of the DH. The one uniqueness that baseball has is that every player is expected to bat, throw, field. When we specialize we make it so like other boring sports. Different rules for different players is an abomination before the lord! DHs collectively raise not only the weight of the average player but they raise salaries, which makes it harder for smaller market teams to compete. And when a pitcher can hit ala Gallardo it is something special and interesting. I would literally give up ten years of my life to have this rule changed forever. Just say no to David Ortiz!

You can draft an NBA player then they can go to college and you get them when they leave college?

I blame Wang.

The one uniqueness that baseball has is that every player is expected to bat, throw, field

This isn't unique at all. In Basketball every player is expected to do everything. The pitcher hitting makes no sense at all except "that is how the game has always been played". It is like saying the Goalie in hockey has to play offense or the Punter in football has to play on offense. Pitchers just do not get the exposure to hitting that is required to stay major league quality. When the absolute best pitchers in baseball can't out hit a replacement level hitter it pretty much sums up why they shouldn't be hitting.

You can draft an NBA player then they can go to college and you get them when they leave college?
If a player declares for the draft (they have to declare) they have the option of going back to school, if they don't hire an agent. Or if they decide on going elsewhere (Europe, etc) you keep their rights as a team. It doesn't happen often (a player going back to school).

I was confused on the rules though, for a few years it used to be they could even get drafted and then go back to school (the drafting team retained those rights) but the NCAA changed that rule a couple years ago, making the "return to school" date before the actual NBA draft.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Archived