Brewer Fanatic

2011-05-23 Nationals (Gorzelanny) at Brewers (Gallardo) - [Brewers win, 11-3; Hart with 3 HR, 7 RBI]

Good news, if you like the Corey Hart prediction, here's something from the Non-Vent thread in the Major League Forum:

This team is about to go on a 12-3 tear, and that will be fun to watch.

So look for one more win tomorrow!

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Verified Member
Jonathan is tearing it up.

What would you guys think about a lineup that would have Lucroy bat 2nd and Hart bat 5th for Casey, and move Casey down to 6th. I hope I am wrong, but I don't see Casey turning it around this year.

Why not just flip Lucroy and McGehee? I understand Hart has more power, but I think he fits real well hitting second in our lineup. I also think having a high average guy behind our power hitters could be nice. If things are going right, Lucroy can single in Braun or Prince from third rather than have Corey swinging for the fences.

I'm conflicted. I boot 2 balls hit right at me in the top of the 9th to cost my softball team a victory. Then find out I the tickets I gave away were to the Hart Show. But it does feel good to have the Brewers in 2nd and climbing.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Nationals:

CF Roger Bernadina

SS Ian Desmond

RF Jayson Werth

LF Laynce Nix

C Wilson Ramos

1B Michael Morse

2B Danny Espinoza

3B Jerry Hairston

LHP Tom Gorzelanny

It's stunning that a team with that lineup swept us a month ago.

Stunning isn't nearly strong enough. Unthinkable. Unfathomable.................

That is a disgusting lineup. And they'll probably own Gallardo.

Nice job Yo. I'll take my crow medium rare.

I'm conflicted. I boot 2 balls hit right at me in the top of the 9th to cost my softball team a victory. Then find out I the tickets I gave away were to the Hart Show. But it does feel good to have the Brewers in 2nd and climbing.
Giving away tickets to that game will get you some good karma down the road.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Is it just me or was Bill seriously pissed at BA for a moment there?

Yup. He's probably letting out some pent up frustration and jealously that another one of his partners is receiving national attention calling games for a big network besides FSWisconsin.

Wow, I missed this. What did he say?
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

What would you guys think about a lineup that would have Lucroy bat 2nd and Hart bat 5th for Casey, and move Casey down to 6th. I hope I am wrong, but I don't see Casey turning it around this year.

I'll never understand how people are so quick to assume every player on the team is going to suck if they get off to a slow start. His BB% is actually up this year, his K% hasn't changed, his ISO is down a little but it takes all of one or two good games to change that at this point. If McGehee goes out and has a 3/4 with 2 HR game tomorrow he'll be right where we would expect him from the past two seasons, not like he is putting up shockingly bad numbers or something.

Same thing with the Gallardo comment earlier in the thread, why would you think Gallardo is suddenly a 4.50 ERA pitcher after he has shown otherwise for multiple seasons.

Baseball is a streaky games, every player is going to have rough patches and most are going to have goofy looking samples that last for a month+ at some point in it.

Same thing with the Gallardo comment earlier in the thread, why would you think Gallardo is suddenly a 4.50 ERA pitcher after he has shown otherwise for multiple seasons.

Gallardo had a rough April, which kept people from seeing his May. He went 4-1 in May, with a 2.81 ERA. He nearly doubled his SO, and cut his hits down by half. BBs were up, but Gallardo always has an issue with that unfortunately.

Jonathan is tearing it up.

Why not just flip Lucroy and McGehee? I understand Hart has more power, but I think he fits real well hitting second in our lineup. I also think having a high average guy behind our power hitters could be nice. If things are going right, Lucroy can single in Braun or Prince from third rather than have Corey swinging for the fences.

That works for me too. I just would like to see RR shake things up for Casey. I feel like he thinks he deserves to always be in the 5th spot in the order for whatever reason.

I'll never understand how people are so quick to assume every player on the team is going to suck if they get off to a slow start. His BB% is actually up this year, his K% hasn't changed, his ISO is down a little but it takes all of one or two good games to change that at this point. If McGehee goes out and has a 3/4 with 2 HR game tomorrow he'll be right where we would expect him from the past two seasons, not like he is putting up shockingly bad numbers or something.

Baseball is a streaky games, every player is going to have rough patches and most are going to have goofy looking samples that last for a month+ at some point in it.

Slow start? We are a quarter of the way through the year, and his lack of success in his pro career points towards last year being more fluke than the norm. I don't see a two HR game from him any time soon. As far as his BB% goes. I sure hope he has been drawing more walks with the Yuni, Gomez and Kotsay batting behind him all year. He should never see a good pitch to hit.

Archived