Brewer Fanatic

2011-05-23 Nationals (Gorzelanny) at Brewers (Gallardo) - [Brewers win, 11-3; Hart with 3 HR, 7 RBI]

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta hand it to RRR...I think he got the mojo going with the first bf.net approved batting order of the season. It seemed all this lineup needed was the proper order and for either Hart or McGehee to get going...Hart is going all right tonight...11 runs, wow.

But how is Braun going to win the RBI crown with a viable #2 hitter cleaning up the bases in front of him?!?!?

Also, getting to see my man Augie going down the slide...I think he had a lot to do with it!!!

Wow, Roenicke finally "found the right spot" to use Dillard in his first appearance. Seems a little troubling that he needed a 10-run cushion to feel comfortable using him.

I couldn't agree more. He's been up over a week....if it took a 10 run lead to put him into the game, he probably shouldn't have gotten called up in the first place. That is basically like playing one guy short every day.

Maybe RR just didn't see him enough in spring and he can earn some more playing time. Of course, he's already hit a guy and gave up a triple without getting an out so that's not good. I think he's likely to head right back down after Morgan is healthy.

Would I be wrong to say that Yo is nothing more that at least a # 3 starter?
Sorry, working through the in game thread but yes, you would be wrong. Even with his rough start, he projects to be a top end #2.

I feel bad for Dillard. His stuff looks pretty good.

Wow, Roenicke finally "found the right spot" to use Dillard in his first appearance. Seems a little troubling that he needed a 10-run cushion to feel comfortable using him.

I couldn't agree more. He's been up over a week....if it took a 10 run lead to put him into the game, he probably shouldn't have gotten called up in the first place. That is basically like playing one guy short every day.

Maybe RR just didn't see him enough in spring and he can earn some more playing time. Of course, he's already hit a guy and gave up a triple without getting an out so that's not good. I think he's likely to head right back down after Morgan is healthy.

And unfortunately because he gave up 2 runs here, it may be another week (or the next blowout) to see Dillard get back into a game.

His defense didn't exactly help him out. Hart dove for a ball he probably shouldn't have, could have held him to a double at worst. Then Gomez misplays the final out in center. Probably only deserved to have one run score, but it's at least two. Ugh. He got in a game, but it probably didn't matter. Based on him not pitching at all, it seems almost certain he'll be the next guy sent down.

wow, that's a blatant scoring mistake. Gomez takes yet another awful route to the ball and--as usual--he recovers, only to see it clank off his glove. I thought only Al and the scorer in Pittsburgh could rule that a hit.

Is it just me or was Bill seriously pissed at BA for a moment there?

Yup. He's probably letting out some pent up frustration and jealously that another one of his partners is receiving national attention calling games for a big network besides FSWisconsin.

wow, that's a blatant scoring mistake. Gomez takes yet another awful route to the ball and--as usual--he recovers, only to see it clank off his glove. I thought only Al and the scorer in Pittsburgh could rule that a hit.
That wasn't that blatant of a misplay. Yeah it is a ball he should have caught but we are pretty spoiled to have a CF that even gets to that.

Corey Hart will have a big night, keep it rolling guys! Laynce Nix at clean-up?!?!?! good god.
Forgot to be more specific, forgot to mention he would go deep 3 times!
If you could let us know what to expect for Tuesday night, that'd be great.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived