Brewer Fanatic

2011-05-22 Rockies (Jimenez) at Brewers (Wolf) - [Brewers win, 3-1]

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Yuniesky Betancourt is one of the best fielding shortstops in baseball." -Bill Schroeder

When we were playing the Padres he was talking about how Brad Hawpe was a good RF before he moved to 1B. Hawpe was historically bad in the field in RF, one of the worst to ever play the position managing a -19.4 UZR/150 in his career at the position.

Kind of a weird game - to score three runs on one odd play - but I'll take it. I don't know where the humidity was, but I was plenty comfortable (though in the shade). Today's fans were relatively attentive and pretty enthusiastic for a Sunday crowd.

One thing that struck me was the stadium-wide fan love for Casey. Big cheers when he was introduced, at every at-bat, when he robbed Tulo of a hit (I was cheering then too). It's like today's promotion brought every inner Casey fan out of the woodwork. I'm not a hater by any means; I just haven't ever super-bonded with Casey like I have with a few favorites.

Wouldn't it be nice if the Brewers could stay above .500 now?

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived