Brewer Fanatic

2011-05-22 Rockies (Jimenez) at Brewers (Wolf) - [Brewers win, 3-1]

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love how he goes "if you take away NINE game road trip, the Brewers have been great defensively".

Taking away a start from a pitcher is one thing, but you can't ignore a quarter of the games so far.

To be fair I do not like Wolf so this might seem irrational but to me his style of pitching is selfish. It seems like he nibbles and worries too much not seeming to care about his pitch count. This of course will then tax the pen over the course of the year. I hate the nibbling and especially the walks. Even the best hitters get out 70% of the time, just make them get on themselves.

The flaws in the this argument are huge however as Wolf's IP throughout the years have been pretty good and his results are not bad for what he is (4th pitcher). Also, maybe he is trying to throw strikes and he just can't locate to which I wouldn't place blame. It just annoys me when I see Marcum last night work for 8 innings working the zone more helping the Brewers pen when they really needed it.

Archived