Brewer Fanatic

Macho Man Randy Savage dies in a car accident

nate82

I'm not very big into wrestling at all. It's not a sport--it's just entertainment. But I did enjoy watching Randy and his charisma. It was fun to watch him wrestle, too.

I may have to break out my Wrestlemania ROM for my SNES emulator tonight in tribute.

RIP Mr. Savage. I wish I had a Slim Jim to snap into right now.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I believe I remember reading an interesting fact about him when he was in the minors. He started off his career as a right handed throwing catcher. During his time in the minors, he tore his right rotator cuff. But instead of having surgery to get it repaired, he taught himself how to throw lefty. And he finished his baseball career throwing lefty.

This really sucks. He had it all as a wrestler. Great in the ring, one of the best 'personas' ever and awesome interviews. When he and his counterparts started retiring, I lost interest in wrestling. It's just not the same to me anymore. I might have to hit up the Wrestlemania documentary on Netflix this weekend to watch the epic Wrestlemania match with Ricky Steamboat. There will never be another Macho Man, that's for sure.

I thought the video tribute on Raw was good tonight. I also loved CM Punk's pink and yellow tribute gear.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Great article. Here's another good one about his baseball career, which I've never seen covered in much detail.

http://sportsillustrated..../23/macho.man/index.html

What a tremendous loss. It seems like no one in the wrestling business outside of McMahon has animosity toward the Macho Man whatsoever. Even the Honky Tonk Man said good things about him. Sounds like he was great interacting with his fans as well. I know that most people are canonized after their death, but this outpouring all seems genuine. Obviously, the man had his demons, but he seemed like a pretty good guy all in all.

Verified Member

I can't find the link now, but I think it was on jsonline.

Doug Melvin thinks he gave up a home run to the Macho Man, when he was pitching in A ball in the 70's. He didn't realize it until he saw his real name, Randy Poffo, but he can't find a box score to confirm

Archived