Brewer Fanatic

Couple Names Baby After Facebook's 'Like' Button

1992casey

Couple Names Baby After Facebook's 'Like' Button

So, will there be a deluge of kids named 'Like' in 20 years? One Israeli couple has gotten the ball rolling and named their baby after the Facebook feature.
We named her Like because it’s modern and innovative. I checked that the name does not exist elsewhere in the country, that was the main condition for me," Lior told the Israeli newspaper Maariv. "In our opinion it's the modern equivalent of the name Ahava [Love]. It's just my way of saying to my fantastic daughter, 'love.'"

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Alternate headline: "Israeli Girl's Parents Have No Taste, May be Morons"

It's just my way of saying to my fantastic daughter, 'love.'

No. Quite literally, it's your way of saying to her, "like."

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Do you like me like me or just like me?

If I remember correctly, the term on The Wonder Years for being interested in a relationship was "like like." Regarding Like, someone might ask, "Do you like Like, or do you like like Like?"

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

This appears to be stupid. However, lots of names mean something mundane in their original language. For example, Amare means love in Latin. Ichiro means first born in Japanese (ichi = 1). Felix means happy in Latin. Derek meant chief in old german. Ryan means king (or little king) in Gaelic. Prince means prince in English.

Names today make me nauseous... This makes me sound like an old guy, but I'm not. Variations of -aden (Aiden, Hayden, Cayden, Braden) along with several other names that really aren't names.

"For girls, you take a random phoneme, add "ley" or "lin/lyn" at the end, and you have a name."

And for boys, it's adding -er/-ar.

It seems like there are more last names being used as first names than first names.

Names today make me nauseous... This makes me sound like an old guy, but I'm not. Variations of -aden (Aiden, Hayden, Cayden, Braden) along with several other names that really aren't names.
Post of the month. Sorry to offend anyone, but if you aren't Irish, and your son has one of these names, I know who wears the pants in your household.

my brother-in-law has met two separate people in St. Louis with first names matching that of a uniquely female body part. (think basic, not Mulva).

and "Player" is apparently a girl's name.

my brother-in-law has met two separate people in St. Louis with first names matching that of a uniquely female body part. (think basic, not Mulva).
Is it Deloris? I never really understood that episode of Seinfeld because I don't think it really sounds that much like the female body part they were referencing. If the name isn't Deloris, I don't know what name you are referring to.

Is it Deloris? I never really understood that episode of Seinfeld because I don't think it really sounds that much like the female body part they were referencing. If the name isn't Deloris, I don't know what name you are referring to.
Hest?

Archived