Brewer Fanatic

2011-05-19 Brewers (Narveson) at Padres (Harang) - [Brewers lose, 1-0]

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't even know what to say. Rivera (who would likely come into replace Lucroy anyway), Boggs who can hit from the left side, or Yuni and Roenicke chooses Yuni.
I'm sure the explanation given in the post game interview will be entertaining.

I'm sure the explanation given in the post game interview will be entertaining.

It would be even better if it was Mark A. announcing that someone with more than 1/3 of a baseball mind was managing from this point forward.

@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

Inexcusable -- Boggs was his last OF, so what? Counsell can move to left if somehow another OF was hurt.

Boggs must be thinking what do I have to do.

Just baffling

A single there likely wins the game. Bell is brutally tough vs righthanded hitters and Betancourt is extra brutal vs righthanded pitchers. So what does RR choose, let's put Yuni in there. Hello, earth to Ron, please pick up the phone.

So sick of this offense. What do they say about the definition of insanity? Never the slightest attempt to make productive outs, shorten up behind in the count, etc. Let's just swing for the fences on every pitch, down 0-2, first pitch, who cares. I'm done trying to blame managers or hitting coaches, because it's been constant year after year. Until the players take a look in the mirror, this all-or-nothing offense won't change, and we'll be looking at another ~80 win team sitting home in October.
I am not Shea Vucinich

Inexcusable -- Boggs was his last OF, so what? Counsell can move to left if somehow another OF was hurt.

Boggs must be thinking what do I have to do.

Not be a terrible baseball player?

But seriously, if you would of told me we would play 4 games out west, score 7 runs and split those games. I would probably be ok with that.

Sometimes reading this board is more frustrating than the actual game. It's not the managers fault they couldn't manage ONE RUN. Yuni, Boggs, whoever, the odds really weren't a whole lot different whoever the batter. Yuni has been respectable with the bat thus far. I don't think it was incomprehensible that he hit there. Has anyone on this board not hated one of the last 3 managers?

None the less, a very frustrating loss. It sucks to have built such a big hole that just getting to .500 is a challenge. St. Louis continues to pile up wins and we fall further behind.

I cant even blame RRR because literally every single manager in baseball does the exact same thing, there is absolutely no difference between any managers. They all just fill out the lineup with the highest paid players and always give priority to aging veterans who have "earned it". They leave the SP in until the pitch count tells to change no matter what any other circumstances are, and always have their closer pitch the entire 9th. And the offensive strategy is just always let your players try to hit dingers every single at bat, give your fast guys the green light, and put on 3 hit-and-runs per season. Only play for 1 run in the 9th inning and at NO OTHER TIME.

Ok rant over go get em Zach tomorrow

Sometimes reading this board is more frustrating than the actual game. It's not the managers fault they couldn't manage ONE RUN. Yuni, Boggs, whoever, the odds really weren't a whole lot different whoever the batter. Yuni has been respectable with the bat thus far. I don't think it was incomprehensible that he hit there. Has anyone on this board not hated one of the last 3 managers?

No question that by simple odds, Boggs likely would have made an out just as Yuni did, but the job of a manager

is to put his team in the best possible positions to win a game. There

is no logical reasoning for batting Yuni over Boggs there.

Plus, Betancourt sucks vs both lefties/righties, but he's extra brutal vs righthanders and Bell is especially tough on righthanders. So explain to me how using Yuni there over Boggs who switch hits is putting his team in the best possible positions to win a game?

None the less, a very frustrating loss. It sucks to have built such a big hole that just getting to .500 is a challenge. St. Louis continues to pile up wins and we fall further behind.

Yes it is, he could have told Fielder to shorten up and get the run in during the first inning and had McGehee hit behind the runner/bunt in the 4th inning to get a R3 1 out. He also could have used a major league baseball player to pinch hit in the 8th, such as Wade (Boggs)

What part of the bat has he been respectable with? The part that OBPs .250, or the part that SLGs .319? He is not a good hitter. He can neither get on base nor hit for power...why bat him in a crucial situation in which he is likely to be even worse than he normally is?

I doubt that the one isolated incident of PH Yuni B. over Boggs is what has set many of us off. For me, it's tough to watch RRR seemingly ignore logic/statistical evidence on a consistent basis in favor of some gut-feeling voodoo. Why don't I just manage the team with my Magic 8 Ball?

I may have to take a few days off this board. The overreacting of Betancourt being pitched hit instead of Brandon freakin' Boggs is blowing my mind right now.

Glad I'm not the only one! I really don't like Yuni, but there's no way that Boggs is CLEARLY a better choice there. Maybe we can get to .500 over the weekend.

I doubt that the one isolated incident of PH Yuni B. over Boggs is what has set many of us off. For me, it's tough to watch RRR seemingly ignore logic/statistical evidence on a consistent basis in favor of some gut-feeling voodoo. Why don't I just manage the team with my Magic 8 Ball?

No kidding

Some here can't seem to see the point. Nobody was saying at all that Boggs was a lock to get a hit instead of Betancourt. In fact, by simple odds, Boggs was more than likely going to make an out. The point is why choose the guy who has been hitting abysmal, the guy who has hit worse vs righthanders in his career, a pitcher is on the mound who is extra tough on righthanded bats, and you have a switch hitter on the bench?

Nobody is blaming Roenicke for the loss, but it's frustrating watching him so often making these baffling decisions.

Exactly, not using Boggs isn't the problem, it's just part of it. When you add that decision on top of all the other bad decisions Roenicke has made, that's what makes so many of us upset. The manager should be putting the team in the best possible position to succeed. I don't think he's done that so far. Roenicke was last on my list of the rumored top 4 and so far he definitely has shown me why. He might be a good guy and the players might like him but I don't think he knows how to manage a team very well. I actually would've liked to see Sveum get the job since most of the guys liked him and he seems to know how to manage somewhat.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

NievesNoNO wrote:
Has anyone on this board not hated one of the last 3 managers?
Maybe it's because I believe most on this board (and some Magic 8 balls) would make better in-game decisions then the last 3 managers. If I made a list of players to hit in that situation, several pitchers would be ahead of Yuni. Yet we let several position players sit on the bench to throw away a scoring chance.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Archived