Brewer Fanatic

2011-05-19 Brewers (Narveson) at Padres (Harang) - [Brewers lose, 1-0]

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing is, that when we let Harang throw pitches, he hasn't thrown that many strikes. He seems to not have great control tonight, but we don't exploit it because we keep making outs in one or two pitches.

I think I'm heading to bed after this half inning. This game just seems destined to be a shutout by the Padres. I hope I'm wrong.

Another Weeks hack at a ball in the other batters box. Then a single. Why would anyone ever throw him a fastball strike?

Once Narvy's spot didn't come up last inning, I don't think there was a question that he'd hit this inning. Last inning would have been a scenario where there either would've been bases loaded and nobody in yet or a runner/runners on with one or two in and the chance to tack on important insurance runs.

Rock just claimed that the "Brew Crew have really been flashing the leather." And that we've been really good all year except for the last road trip...
It amazes me that people on this board still do not understand that Rock and BA are forced to be homers and always talk about the good things the brewers do. It would not be good for the average fan, who makes up probably 90% of viewers, if they just listed all the reasons why the brewers actually suck. Even when they try to criticize Gomez or something they say he has been struggling a little bit.

I just spent the last couple of nights listening to Vin Scully. Calling the game as a Dodger fan, I still liked him better than our guys. I'm sure that Rock and BA are expected to speak well of the home team, but that doesn't mean that they can't also be bad play-by-play/color guys.

I wonder why we haven't heard anything on Braun yet, in the pass when a player left a game with in 10 minutes we were told what was wrong with him.

Yeah. I would be very surprised if it was anything except his oblique.. which is not a good thing..

Another Weeks hack at a ball in the other batters box. Then a single. Why would anyone ever throw him a fastball strike?

That was an offspeed pitch he got a hit on, fwiw. And why do they ever throw him a fastball strike? Seriously? Probably because if they didn't, he'd be on base about every other ab.

You could see this Weeks slump coming last weekend against Pittsburgh though. He's pulling off everything and really overswinging. Definitely should be sat down tomorrow.

I just spent the last couple of nights listening to Vin Scully. Calling the game as a Dodger fan, I still liked him better than our guys.
Scully is one of the top handful of announcers of all time. He's better than almost everyone who has ever lived on this Earth. To like him better than our guys is no surprise.

Archived