Brewer Fanatic

2011-05-19 Brewers (Narveson) at Padres (Harang) - [Brewers lose, 1-0]

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's now a five pitch and six pitch inning. It's not like we're lining into outs either. We're not even hitting it well, why not take a few, work the count...oh wait, this is Brewers road baseball.

Anybody remember the Harang vs. Capuano game a few years ago when Harang pitched 10 shut out innings? Kind of feels like one of those nights.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

topper, why do you say that?

Because he did not move the runner over. We are struggling to score runs, we have literally 1 win all season where we were losing at any point in the game, this is a tough park to score in and we suck on the road....SO TAKE THE RUN and stop playing "for the big inning" every single inning of the entire season. Get him over and get him in.

That is the strategy of single team in the league, to always play for the big inning because these players are to stubborn to ever give themselves up. That is what I meant by no one cares, when Casey got back to the dugout everyone just said hey nice try, go get em next time. No one, especially the manager, would ever dare get in his face for being selfish and failing to get the runner over.

Weeks is up...5 straight balls. Chases the next pitch two feet out of the zone. Then takes a fastball right down the middle for strike three. Another great at bat for him. He needs a day off.

Weeks is up...5 straight balls. Chases the next pitch two feet out of the zone. Then takes a fastball right down the middle for strike three. Another great at bat for him. He needs a day off.

Being a little tough on him. Yea he chased low and away, but then he simply didnt catch up to the ball up and away which he fouled off. The strikeout pitch was low and away painting the corners. Not even close to right down the middle.

I will agree that he has looked bad the past week or so though.

I'm feeling real good about this Braun at-bat for some reason. Call it "optimism"
So not allowed. You can only talk about how he's sure to fail and the Brewers are doomed and this slump he's in will continue until at least 2013.

Being a little tough on him. Yea he chased low and away, but then he simply didnt catch up to the ball up and away which he fouled off. The strikeout pitch was low and away painting the corners. Not even close to right down the middle.

I will agree that he has looked bad the past week or so though.

I would hardly say that pitch was at the knee on the corner, it was definitely a strike, definitely a hittable pitch and definitly something you shouldn't be taking with two strikes. He's looked terrible in every at bat this game and is chasing low and away pitches.

Braun on the other hand...gets up in the count 3-0 and winds up with a pop up on 3-1. Aren't hitters supposed to have the advantage in those things? This is just so frustrating to watch, I literally want to throw a pillow at the TV. SIx more left on base, no hits with RISP.

And great, Braun is now out of the game. Cringed when he swung, eerily similar to the olique injury of last year. Crap.

So, when Weeks is taking his day off, does Yuni get a 'BF.net free pass day' since he'd have to be in the linup with CC at 2nd?

With Braun taking 15 days off will the Brewers score any runs?

That "slumping" Weeks? Over the week coming into today he's hitting .320/.393/.360.

Yeesh. Maybe it was the week prior. I just remember his average sinking pretty well. Wasn't he over .300 all season?

Archived