Brewer Fanatic

Reds Hate vs. Cards Hate

"How will Chris Carpenter explain this to his son?"

Welcome to BF.net, Joseph. I think I speak for everyone here when I say we are going to steal this line from you, big-time.

Yeah. Joseph, let me know if you object to my adding it to my rotation of signatures. Instant classic.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually the Cards/Reds rivalry is a blessing for the Brewers. I like to use the horse race analogy in looking at a baseball season. Right now the Brewers are in a perfect "stalking" position sitting just a few games off the pace with plenty of "horse" left under "jockey" Ron Roenicke. Meanwhile the Reds and Cards appear to be in a bit of a duel early on and teams in that situation tend to be a little prone to put a little more into every game. Doing that in May can have consequences down the road.

Meanwhile Quady down in Chicago already has brought out the whip on his team, a sure sign he doesn't have much.

Actually the Cards/Reds rivalry is a blessing for the Brewers. I like to use the horse race analogy in looking at a baseball season. Right now the Brewers are in a perfect "stalking" position sitting just a few games off the pace with plenty of "horse" left under "jockey" Ron Roenicke. Meanwhile the Reds and Cards appear to be in a bit of a duel early on and teams in that situation tend to be a little prone to put a little more into every game. Doing that in May can have consequences down the road.
I had this same general thought recently. Since teams rarely lead pole-to-pole, I'd much rather lead at the end of the season. And had the Brewers gotten off to a 2007-esque hot start, we'd be constantly wondering when it was all going to fall apart. (Well, some of us, myself included.)

You guys scare me more than the Cards in terms of a team I think has a chance to contend. You've had a good streak recently and thats a big thing. With the pitchers coming back from injury, or at least Grienke, you should be only improving. Your lineup is fear inducing, a lot more so than the Cards.

Hawing, by all means run with the comment. He said it after all [more or less] so have fun and give him hell when he visits town.

Well, it looks like I'm the only one on the entire site who doesn't hate the Cardinals. In fact, I'd say they're probably my second favorite team. Go figure.
You're the devil! Next you'll post that the Cubs don't bother you either.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I hate the Reds more and more everyday. A lot of it has with me living in St. Louis probably but they seem to be getting to Cubs/Cards level pretty quickly. It just feels like they so desperately want a rivalry or want be noticed so badly they do or just say outrageous stuff on purpose. The Cards and their announcers drive me crazy but players like Johnny cueto and Brandon Phillips are way worse then anyone on the Cards or Cubs.

Curious. Was anything Phillips said about them untrue? I personally don't think so. They are whiny %+*!%*@ in most cases.

What Cueto did well, thats indefensible, but aside from the kicking, whats he done that is as annoying as LaRussa, Carpenter, etal?

Let's not forget they have a catcher who cadillacs around the bases when he hits a home run.

As for 'wanting' a rivalry, no offense to anyone, but the Reds organization [and thus its fans] know rivalries. The Reds and Dodgers of the 60's, 70's and 80's.....well the Yanks and Sox is a made for TV rivalry in comparison.

What Phillips said was his opinion and seems to be the opinion of people who hate the Cards, I agree with some and don't agree with some regardless there was no reason to say it other to start something. Whining about someone being whiney makes then pretty much the same. It seems Reds players and fans love to whine about the Cardinals being whiney.

Cueto ended a players career because he felt the need to kick him with spikes, that is worse then anything anyone on the Cardinals has ever done.

The "Cadillacs around the bases" is just a dumb thing to complain about in today's game because lots of players doing this, Phillips enjoys doing this as much as anyone I've seen.

I meant the Reds have no rivalries now, or when that incident happened.

Brandon Phillips is probably the most annoying player in baseball, he is a complete punk. Cueto and Gomes are pretty far up there with them, those three pretty much turn the Reds from a team I don't mind into one of the least pleasant teams in the league.

You're the devil! Next you'll post that the Cubs don't bother you either.

The Cards and the Cubs don't bother me either~. I don't see Chicago as a rivalry, I see them as one of the crappiest cities in the country(large population, full of idiots and not on a coast where anyone actually cares about them) who happens to be in our general area and I just feel bad for them since they are stuck in such a crappy city.

I don't mind the Reds at all. They seem pretty much like the Brewers, lots of young talent, actually they're probably less 'cocky' than the Brewers. The only Red that I truly dislike is Cordero. As for the Cardinals hate, it's almost eclipsed the Cubs for me. First things first, I can't stand Pujols. I think that he's a showboat (loved last week when he went into 'homer mode' and the ball didn't get out), he also seems like a world class jerk, and I'll go to my grave convinced that he's a cheating HGH user. Outside of Tiger Woods, no athlete has as many fan boy jock riders than Pujols, and they are incredibly annoying too. I also can't stand a small chunk of the Cardinals fanbase, which is quite large (probably encompassing 5-6 states because of geography), most specifically, I can't stand the fans that travel to Milwaukee for games. The run of the mill Cardinal fans that I've met in Southern Illinois, Memphis, etc. are pretty cool and knowledable, but for whatever reason, the ones that I've encountered at Brewers games and on the internet tend to be idiots. This is usually the case with most fanbases, but it seems amplified for Cardinals fans.

• 2 weeks later...
Old Albert with another HR that was watched very classily. I really cannot stand the Cardinals...and especially Pujols...
@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

Old Albert with another HR that was watched very classily. I really cannot stand the Cardinals...and especially Pujols...
It's just amazing they have the gall to criticize other teams for "showboating" when they have probably the biggest home run watcher in all of baseball on their team.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Being italian and a true soccer fan i know something of hating in sports. In my city there are two Serie A soccer teams and one(Sampdoria) got relegated this spring. The fans of the other team (Genoa) had a 40.000 fan parede with coffins, funerals and other classy stuff.
http://registrazione.corrieredellosport.it/images/ansa/f8/1c0e6749997eb5f93f822a81f860e2f8_immagine_oleft.jpg
we don't even root for the soccer national team, who is only supported by casual fans and a bounch of stupid fascist fans because of the players of other teams in it.

Being a Brewer fan either and watching games on tv I rarely see interviews or read paper (exept of the js) so my hate is generated only by what I see on the field (aramis and brandon, i hate you!) and what I read here. So watch out what you are writing because you are making up a pure (baseball related only!) mind like mine!

robot voice in my mind: kill TLR kill TLR

edit: got the link of "classy" fans picture right.

So watch out what you are writing because you are making up a pure (baseball related only!) mind like mine!

robot voice in my mind: kill TLR kill TLR

I don't know, Kalle...based on your quote above (to which I added bold), I think we're steering you in the right direction.

Indeed, STL nation has to either be on board with everyone showboating or no one.

how carpenter will explain to his son the color of TLR hair?

in the game MLB the show his hair change color like the ivy in wrigley as the season progress. and no, the change is not the natural one.

by the way the reds TV combo recently spent many praising words on the brewers (and especially for lucroy)

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

No doubt on this question - I hate the Cards way more than any team in baseball.

Their holier-than-thou attitude and arrogance makes them just a pack of jerks. And that extends from LaRussa. I respect him for the work he does, but he's an arrogant whiner. And that whining from the top seems to give license to the rest of the team to whine as well. No team is as annoying as these guys.

I don't mind the Reds. I loved it when Phillips went after them last year. He was only saying the truth.

I would rather any team beat the Cardinals. Even the Cubs - who I dislike quite a bit.

how carpenter will explain to his son the color of TLR hair?

kalle has upped the ante with that one http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I want to party with the kill TLR robot.

The kill TLR robot must've been built off this model...

http://www.digital-polyphony.com/600px-NGM1911A1-4.jpg

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

The thing that irritates me to no end is how St Louis always seems to win no matter what. Down 18-0 going into the bottom of the 9th? They'll find a way to score 19 runs. And I swear every time I look at their schedule I think "man can it get any easier?" It's like the play Houston and Chicago every friggin week! And everyone has to have a career year when they play for St. Louis. Kyle Lohse? Kyle McClellan? If these guys pitched for us their ERA would be somewhere around 7. God I hate St. Louis!

Archived