Brewer Fanatic

Reds Hate vs. Cards Hate

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't have much problem with the Cubs right now. They kind of suck. I kind of know how Cubs fans felt a few years back when we were trying to build a rivalry with them. I am not really sure how the Cards are doing but they(meaning the team not the fans) have made statement after statement the makes me dislike them. Add in their hypocrite, insufferable jackass manager(and players) and I really don't like them.

Oh yeah, the Reds. No problem with them at all. Hate losing to them though.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I don't hate the Reds at all. I hate losing to them all the time, but I don't mind the organization. If anything, the blood feud they have going on with the Cardinals makes me like them more. My opinion may be influenced by the fact that I hang out at Red Reporter sometimes and think the Reds fans there are pretty good folks.

I actually kind of like the Reds... I despise the Cubs and the Cards though.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Must be a location thing....being in SoCal must give me a different perspective than most because I can't find it in me to hate the Cubs. The Cards absolutely for all the reasons mentioned. They are the Vikings of MLB (for other Packer fans). But the Reds...man. I don't know if its Dusty Baker or that Johnny Cueto with his kicking antics in the Cards feud last season. I can't nail it down. But the Reds hating for me is becoming much more prevalent which is weird because I love Phillips (especially for his role in the StL brawl), Votto, Bruce and Stubbs as players.

I have zero problems with the Reds other then they seem to own us. Like others have said, the feud with the Cards makes me like them more. I can't stand the Cards, by far my most hated team. I really don't have problems with the Cubs anymore either. I used to hate them, but the fact they haven't been good in couple of years has tempered that. Plus I took my dad to a Brewers/Cubs game at Wrigley for his birthday last season, and every single Cubs fan that we talked to were nice as could be, so that swung my opinion as well.

Tough to get a blood feud going with the Reds. It bugs the crap out of me we can't seem to beat them, but I can't muster up the hate. We have no real history with them, or with Cincinnati for that matter. Outside of Phillips, the players seem somewhat aloof and devoid of much personality.

The Cards...1982 did it for me. A bunch of tomahawk hitters that just pounded the ball into the astroturf...yeah, I'm still bitter. Nowadays it's all the classy stuff with their hypocritical fans...they are insufferable. Drunken LaRussa, the roids, Yadi's big mouth, baseball Jesus...yet they preach from their mountain top anytime someone violates an unwritten rule or doesn't wear their cap right. Good lord, just shut up St. Louis.

I've got some good old fashion hate for the Cubs too. Their loyal fans aren't as bad, but when you realize they are all Bears fans too...the hate pours out, but mostly it's the drunken frat boy attraction that tends to be the scourge of the land.

My hatred for the Cubs will always outweigh my hatred for other clubs. We rip on Cards fans all we want, but for the most part I've found conversations with Cardinals fans at Brewers-Cardinals games to be enjoyable; for the most part the Cards fans I meet are pretty knowledgeable. I don't think I will attend a Brewers-Cubs game at Miller in the near future just because I can't stand all the low-life Cubs fans that come out to Miller. Up in the fourth deck it's like sitting in the crowd at a Nascar race or a SEC football game. Just a bunch of drunk idiots who honestly can't name five active players. Wrigley Cubs fans are far less annoying, although I've never sat in the frat party in the outfield. Had a few peanuts thrown at me during the 16-2 game at Wrigley, but that's about the worst I've experienced at Wrigley.

I have nothing against the Reds. I really did enjoy that whole Brandon Phillips episode.

I hate everybody ahead of the Brewers in the standings. After that it takes a special type of jerkness to make me hate a team. Tony Larussa does that for me. What sucks even more is I know he's a dang good manager which only makes it worse.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Must be a location thing....being in SoCal must give me a different perspective than most because I can't find it in me to hate the Cubs. The Cards absolutely for all the reasons mentioned. They are the Vikings of MLB (for other Packer fans).

I don't know about all the rest of that, but the Cards are not the vikings. Cards could be the bears, but they are not the vikings, that gives the vikings way too much credit.

Cubs will always be #1 for me. Only hate the cardinals b/c of TL, their fans are nice and knowledgeable. I don't like Dusty Baker, but other than that don't really have any other reason to hate the reds.

I would say the reds are the most like the brewers. They do some things that probably tick other people off, but so do the brewers.

I hate the Reds more every series we play them. I would compare it to the movie "Rounders". It seems like every time we build a lead on them that SHOULD stand up, they keep "hanging around" (as Teddy KGB would put it)...."all night they check, check, check" until eventually they put up a crooked number and win the game. Frustrates the hell out of me.

Still in the same boat I was before. I can't stand the Cardinals, and that will be the case as long as TLR and Pujols are there. They have overtaken the Cubs as my least favorite team in all of sports.

I was rooting for the Reds last year. I still prefer them to win over the Cardinals, but the necessity of them losing this year and the fact that the Brewers just can't seem to beat them has made me not like them as much. They're still light years away from being hated like I hate the Cards and Cubs, though.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I'm on board with most of the others here.........I'm indifferent at worst on the Reds, and loathe the Cardinals with every fiber of my being.

And I just saw the highlights from yesterday's Cards/Reds tilt.

Classy Tony is Classy..........http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/eyes.gif

I don't like the Reds but only because they beat us all the time. Other than that I have nothing against them. If anything I like the fact that they take it to the Cardinals who I hate as much as the Cubs.

Speaking of last night I would love to hear a Cardinals take on why they were so upset with Cordero. Why would you hit Pujols with Holliday and Berkman coming up as the winning run? How anyone on the Cardinals could think that was intentional is an idiot.

That gets to the heart of why I hate the Cardinals. They have this air of superiority that is completely illogical and disgusting. Absolutely cannot stand them.

Archived