Brewer Fanatic

Where's Bernie Promotion

madgrad
Looks like the ones from Miller Park are going up on ebay too...these have boxes though. One thing I wonder about, do the ones from Miller Park have the MLB hologram on them to differentiate them from the ones at the parks?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I imagine they will keep selling them at MP as the demand is incredibly high. $50 seems awfully steep for a plastic lawn ornament though.
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

For anyone that got one of the 400, did you get yours at 5am or later?

i got to the park at 445, found one and was told i could only stand by it til 5. so i did just that and waited til 5 and then was on my way. from all the reports, it seems like my account is a rarity and not what happened at most of the parks. may i also add i only have one, because that is all i need to add to my collection. people need to not be so greedy and share the fun instead of trying to make a quick buck.

Rick Schlesinger said earlier on WSSP that he is hoping that they can order more to the fan store so people don't have to try to get one off ebay. He said the biggest advantage to this is that the mold is still around so getting more shouldn't be a problem. It's just getting the go ahead to do so or something along those lines.

I will wait for them to go on sale again at Miller Park I am sure it won't be hard for me to get one. The hard part will be the Brewers getting the OK to make more.

Who in their right mind thinks it is a good idea to grab 35 and be OK with it is nuts. They don't have to say it and I could just guess it would be one per person!!

Glad she was called out I Hope she returns it and does something more than her apology she gave!!!

It appears that folks are creating phony eBay accounts in order to bid these up and then not pay when they win. Normally I would be against this, but in this case I say bravo!
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Indeed it is! Just this past Christmas I bought my son a Bernie garden gnome from the Fan Zone. He loved it more than his Toy Story Woody and Buzz figures! I wanted him to have a Bernie he could play with that wouldn't break since all his were in bobble form and very fragile. Two hours into Christmas morning, however, he fell down while carrying the Bernie gnome (it went EVERYWHERE with him that morning) and it shattered as it was a piece of hollow resin. When this promotion came up I knew I had to get one, especially since pictures I saw of it made it look like pliable plastic. Long story short, I got one for my son, and you see the results!

BTW...you can see in the video he is carrying a Casey McGehee bobble from this last weekend. He always wants to hold his, but I'm afraid they'll break, so I kept an extra for his collection of the McGehee and gave him the one my wife got to play with. He has slept with it every night since the game! I wrapped the neck with bubblewrap to keep it from bobbing and breaking, and so far he is okay with that.

• 11 months later...
Looks like they're bringing this back again this year, only with Chorizo. Hopefully they learned their lesson and have it better organized to make sure people don't steal statues before the start and there's only one per person. After last year's PR nightmare, I'd have to think they figured out a way to do this properly, because it's definitely a neat idea, but I'm not going to waste my time if it's the same as last year.

I dunno if I'm gonna go out of my way for one. I really like the Bernie, but if they do the Chorizo, you know yer locked in for the next 4 years after this one. And I'd guess they are about 10 times bigger than a bobblehead. Maybe it's time for me to scale back.

So did anyone get up and get one? There's already a few on eBay with 125 starting bids and 350 BIN. Sorry guys, I really don't think these will draw the same attention as last year. Also, if people REALLY want one, Miller Park will have em available in a month for 40 or 50 like last year.

I did not get one, as I was on my way to work already when I heard the announcement (and I work far away from Miller Park). I did, however, wake my wife up and have her go get me one before she went to work, which she begrudgingly did.

One of the very few advantages of being married ... :)

I was lucky enough to get one. I got down to Miller Park around 6:30 and it was a little hectic. There were lots of people scoping out what was with each gnome, from what I heard the only "extra" that was given out was breakfast with Rollie Fingers, which you had to do this morning.

No. I think last year gathered a lot more hype behind them right off the bat. I hope people bump the prices up with fake accounts like last year. Late last season you could find Bernies regularly at Miller Park for $50. If the Brewers think they can profit off the chorizos as well, they'll make more.

A coworker went and got one at 5:30 and told me that Miller Park was very organized, directing traffic, keeping people calm, etc. It sounds like people had a good experience, and the staff did a good job of correcting and anticipating any problems that people may have encountered.

Archived