Brewer Fanatic

Brandon Kintzler to DL; Tim Dillard's contract purchased

battlekow

My guess is that Dillard's ability to multiple innings if needed played a role in the decision, considering the current state of the bullpen and the fact that there won't be another off day for a few weeks.

I'm just glad they didn't bring Sean Green back.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

My guess is that Dillard's ability to multiple innings if needed played a role in the decision, considering the current state of the bullpen and the fact that there won't be another off day for a few weeks.

I'm just glad they didn't bring Sean Green back.

I think the only reason they didn't bring Sean Green back is he has given up 5 runs in 4 innings and they couldn't justify it to the media/fans if they re-called him. My guess is if he pitched 5 innings and gave up 0 ER, he'd have been their guy today. With how RR used him this season, I know he was a personal favorite of his.

Yea I was a little shocked to see DiFer not called up as he has been lights out. Tim has been throwing very well though too and I'm happy for him. I will miss him though.. he is so funny. Often I'll sit down near the bull pen and chat with him during the games. Some fun times

the 40-man roster is full with this move. a spot could be opened up if manny parra or takashi saito is transferred to the 60-day disabled list, or if any of these possible candidates are removed from the 25-man roster: erick almonte (once activated from the disabled list), brandon boggs or mark kotsay.

tim dillard can be optioned back to the minor leagues.

tim dillard can be optioned back to the minor leagues.

I believe that's your answer. They know this is just a short-term thing so they need someone who they can bring up for a few days and send back down without losing them. I don't believe that they can do that with DiFelice, and yes I like DiFelice.

I think Dillard being able to go multiple innings was the big thing in his favor. He has been very good versus RH hitters, but pretty mediocre overall, especially of late.

He's not really a prospect, so his options are a bonus, but likely not a deciding factor.

Brewer Fanatic Staff
Yep DiFelice is out of options and so they would have to send someone else down if Braddock is ready to go next weekend.
It's our belief that DiFelice actually has two options remaining. Yes, he's 34, but his time on a 40-man roster didn't begin until his Brewer stint after a career of perseverence.

Tim Dillard was simply pitching wonderfully at Nashville, has more length, and made more sense than DiFelice at this time.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

One thought I've had on DiFelice is that he is a ROOGY, while you already have Loe in the pen (as a ROOGY-lite).

Congrats to Dillard. For no particular reason, he has been a favorite of mine.

Archived