Verified Member

The Brewers' next 16 games look like this:

3 vs PIT

2 @ LA

2 @ SD

3 vs COL

3 vs WAS

3 vs SF

It would be very nice to go at least 10-6 to head into Cincinnati for a critical three game series being only a game under .500 at 26-27. I think this is an optimistic yet realistic expectation with 12 games at home.

Does anybody know how the game next Thursday AT San Diego is a night game? This is absurd. Not only do they NOT get a travel day the following day, but it is their longest (distance wise) road trip of the year in a time zone two hours behind where they play their game the next day. The game will end close to midnight Milwaukee time, which puts them on a plane sometime around 1:30ish for a 5 hour flight. Then they get to play a game that day, their 8th in a row amidst 13 days without an off day. Is this just a complete oversight by MLB?

I would guess we lose 3 of 4 of the road games most of the time. The home games include two teams that may be better than us so hoping to go 9-3 in those games is probably a stretch.

MLB scheduling is always weird, I mean why did we play a day game followed by a day off and then a night game to split up our home stand, that seems like a terrible time to have that big of a gap in time played in theory at least. The fact that last game was so miserable maybe makes it a good time to have that gap.

Is this just a complete oversight by MLB?

MLB picks the dates. The home team sets the game times.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Verified Member
Well, the Brewers sit at 19-21 after the first 40 games of the season. They've played a lot of good teams (7-13 against the Reds, Cards, Phillies and Braves), and bad teams (10-4 against the Bucs, Astros, and Padres). All in all, even considering all of the injuries it's been a slightly disappointing start to the season. Things are looking up though after a 5-1 homestand and a mostly healthy lineup. Split this quick 4 game West Coast trip and then go 6-3 against the Rocks, Nats and Giants, and the Crew will be 27-26. Again, that's on the optimistic end, but it's pretty reasonable too.

I feel quite a bit better about the lineup now that Hart is back and Lucroy is hitting so well. I like the rotation for the most part. What worries me about the next 10-15 is the bullpen. Man would it be nice to have Saito right now. Hopefully Braddock returns soon and has the stuff he had last season.

In spring training, i had really high hopes for the pen, but with all the injuries, i rarely feel confident about them being ale to hold a small lead or keep a tight game close.

Axford is starting to worry me. Estrada has been the biggest surprise this season and I have confidence in him in the 6th and 7th. K Loe should get a two week vacation somewhere as a thank you for Roenicke pitching him everyday. We need a healthy Saito back.

• 2 weeks later...
Verified Member
Boy, a 10-6 stretch over these 16 games would now be awfully disappointing. So many peaks and valleys to this season already, and we aren't even out of May! Hopefully the next time this team sees .500 is far, far in the future.

Boy, a 10-6 stretch over these 16 games would now be awfully disappointing. So many peaks and valleys to this season already, and we aren't even out of May! Hopefully the next time this team sees .500 is far, far in the future.

Like April 2012 http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Verified Member

Like April 2012 http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

You are quite shortsighted. Every team starts off with a .000 winning percentage, so I was thinking more like April 2015 or 2016. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Everything is great right now. The key will be what happens when we leave home.

Can we consistently score runs on the road? And can we finally win a game over the Reds? If they can improve on the road, we could really be dangerous.

Now just get the Cardinals to stop winning games while scoring very few runs, and we'll be set.

Archived