Brewer Fanatic

Local channels in HD

jazzytrav
I got Dish Network out a few months ago to upgrade all of my equipment to HD, but unfortunately there was an obstruction preventing me from being able to get local channels in HD. So now I can watch HD Brewers most of the time, but won't be able to watch HD Packers. I'm wondering if it's possible to set up an antenna to receive the local channels in HD (and save myself the $6 charge from Dish for local channels) and still have the Dish for the rest of the package. Anyone have experience with local HD antennas and, if so, any recommendations?

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

You should be able to do that, assuming either you have more than one coaxial input or (more likely) the DISH box is fed into your TV through Component or HDMI. Antennas typically connect via coaxial cable, so you'd just switch inputs from DISH to locals.

When we bought our house, I inherited a decent sized roof-antenna that was lodged in the attic. My reception rocks, but I'm only about 3 miles from the antenna farm in Milwaukee. The size of your antenna would be dependent on your proximity to the source: http://antennaweb.org/aw/welcome.aspx

Archived