Brewer Fanatic

The Brewers 2011 non-vent thread

Even after having the offense perform historically bad for over a week, a win tomorrow puts the Brewers at 3 games under .500. That's nothing to celebrate but it could be a heck of a lot worse.

I'd certainly be happier with this result if I believed that the Red Sox, Rays, Royals and Indians were playing to their talent levels. I still think we have major disadvantages in the interleague schedule which means this poor start could easily sink us for the entire year.

In terms of projected wins, how much harder do you think the Brewers interleague schedule is relative to the Reds or Cards?

Don't all NL Central teams play the same interleague schedule except our designated rival is Minnesota and say the Cards play KC?

nope, they all play 3 teams from the AL east (4 in the case of the reds), as well as two series against their "rival" or whatever. The brewers get the red sox, yankees, and rays (as well as the twins), the reds get the jays, orioles, yankees, and rays (as well as the indians), while the cardinals get the jays, orioles, and rays (as well as kansas city).

Actually, the cubs only play 2 AL east teams, they have a series against the royals as well. Either way, the cardinals schedule is significantly easier.

Even after having the offense perform historically bad for over a week, a win tomorrow puts the Brewers at 3 games under .500. That's nothing to celebrate but it could be a heck of a lot worse.

I'd certainly be happier with this result if I believed that the Red Sox, Rays, Royals and Indians were playing to their talent levels. I still think we have major disadvantages in the interleague schedule which means this poor start could easily sink us for the entire year.

In terms of projected wins, how much harder do you think the Brewers interleague schedule is relative to the Reds or Cards?

Before the season it was the in the order of 2 or 3 wins. Now that things have gone the way they have I would have to guess it is more like 1 or 2 wins depending on how bad the Twins really are and how good the Indians really are etc.

I think Lucroy has a shot to be one of the better catchers the Brewers have ever produced. They don't have an amazing list of names in general but I really like what I've seen from him so far.
I agree with you on Lucroy. He has become my favorite Brewer to watch. Really have liked what he has done so far since coming back from the pinky injury. Hopefully, I get more than 5 years out of the Lucroy t-shirt I purchased back in April.

I need some good vibes after seeing Kotsay in CF.

1) Shaun Marcum has been great. Zach Greinke is Zach Greinke. Randy Wolf has been a very good #4 this season. Narveson has been a very good #5.

2) Lucroy is a very good young catcher, far more exciting to watch than any Brewers catcher in recent years.

3) Rickie Weeks has continued to strike the ball with authority.

4) Nyjer Morgan and Carlos Gomez are two of the best defensive CF'ers I've ever watched.

nope, they all play 3 teams from the AL east (4 in the case of the reds), as well as two series against their "rival" or whatever. The brewers get the red sox, yankees, and rays (as well as the twins), the reds get the jays, orioles, yankees, and rays (as well as the indians), while the cardinals get the jays, orioles, and rays (as well as kansas city).

Actually, the cubs only play 2 AL east teams, they have a series against the royals as well. Either way, the cardinals schedule is significantly easier.

I didn't realize that and think that is wrong and makes me reevaluate my support for interleague play.

Despite Loe's meltdown, I like the bullpen! I think Melvin's bullpen moves this past off season were the definition of addition by subtraction. We're getting better production for less money. And Hawkins is quickly pitching his way into the primary setup role after a very rough first season as a Brewer.

If Saito, Parra and Braddock were healthy we'd have a nice deep bullpen. Unfortunately the injuries have piled up and I think the bullpen is going to be a rough area for us for a while.

Archived