Brewer Fanatic

Defining Moment

Tennik
How about last night as the defining moment? Not giving up, tieing it twice and then snatching a victory from the jaws of defeat with a walkoff bomb....has to be the highlight of the season to this point. Maybe this will spark us....I hope so.
It's the highlight of the season so far... but the Brewers were 7-3 in the previous 10 games, so it's not like they weren't already playing well.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I was at the game Friday, and that'd be my choice for the 'defining moment' so far, if this indeed the beginning of a turning point. There was a viable buzz in the stadium all night, even as the game dragged through to the 14th. The fans didn't quiet down much, and it was a really great atmosphere.

How about last night as the defining moment? Not giving up, tieing it twice and then snatching a victory from the jaws of defeat with a walkoff bomb....has to be the highlight of the season to this point. Maybe this will spark us....I hope so.
It's the highlight of the season so far... but the Brewers were 7-3 in the previous 10 games, so it's not like they weren't already playing well.
They definitely were playing better before, but this just felt different. It was a type of game we had found ways to lose multiple times this year. Things looked bleak a few times and then in a blink, we had one. The crowd was crazy. That just seems to be a signature moment that we'll remember for a long, long time. Especially if they go on a run here.

• 3 weeks later...
Verified Member
I don't really believe in "defining moments" when you are talking about a 162 game schedule, but this weekend sweep to take 1st place could definitely be a "defining series" if things work out this year. As could the sweep of Florida last weekend. I love sweeps.

I don't really believe in "defining moments" when you are talking about a 162 game schedule, but this weekend sweep to take 1st place could definitely be a "defining series" if things work out this year. As could the sweep of Florida last weekend. I love sweeps.

To me, I honestly think this sweep and even just the 6th inning of today's (6-12-11) could definitely be a "defining" moment in the Brewers season. After taking 2 games and being down 2-0 in the 6th we strung together 4 hits culminating in a one run lead that IMO absolutely demoralized the classy cards. The Brew Crew sweep the Cards and take over first place.

I don't know what the Brewers will do from here but I could see Brewer historians looking back at this series/game/inning and calling this a turning point in the season.

Archived